Tutor

Re: ReadyCloud v2.0.1(today updated) but seems it doesn't work

Thank you for sharing the files
Message 26 of 34
klausn
Tutor

Hi greispe,

1 ReadyCloud, which version do you use? ( I'm using Version 2.0.1(2040) on my mobile device)

2 Did you remove the app. from your phone and reinstalled it? if not please remove it.

(Remarks: before remove, first sign out! Wait untill you are logged off, then remove the app.

Then reinstall the app. and sign in again)

If this not helps? Please be kind and see topic: "Network error on readycloud app as well." for more details.

Regards,

Klaus

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 27 of 34
greispe
Tutor

Klaus:

Ok good suggestion. I uninstalled the app from my iPhone and reinstalled it (I have been using Version 2.0.1 (2040)). Still get the same error:

Error

Network error occurred

So far I have logged out, reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone and the ReadyNAS and I still get the error message. It works fine when I am remote to my LAN.

What did you do to get it working?

Peter

Message 28 of 34
thierman
Aspirant

I too am having the exact same problem. Applied the patch listed above, rebooted my RN31600, rebooted my iPad. Restarted Readycloud app on ipad, selected my Devices, then my NAS and got

"Error

Network error occured"

Running app version 2.0.1 (2040)

running 6.9.3 with path.

Quickly loosing any love for my readyNas... This is becoming all too often... Is there a fix?

Added info:

Just tried it with my Pro Pioneer running 6.9.3 with no patch, and I backed up my 11000 photo's just fine... The only problem is, this is not where I want to back them up, as this is an old ReadyNas only being used to backup the RN316.

Surely there must be a way to get this fixed on the RN316....

Message 29 of 34
klausn
Tutor

Hi,

I'm sorry for all how still have an other Network error issue!

I'm not Netgear expert and I can't give you the solution.

I gave already a suggestion and the next suggestion is:

"Create an new Topic for Netgear or search how others it solved"

In this topic I was started from the beginning, was an other issue and that is solved!

Regards,

Klaus

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 30 of 34
greispe
Tutor

Klaus:

Yes I understand you have your problem fixed. However, there are others that still don't have the problem fixed. So the patch works for you. I want to leave this thread open, as Netgear still needs to solve this problem.

Klaus: Can you just summarize your current configuration for your system where the Netgear patch worked. That would me further diagnose this issue. Thank you!

Netgear please continue to research this issue. As you can see there are several of us here that have the same issue.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 31 of 34
StephenB
Guru

@greispe wrote:

Yes I understand you have your problem fixed. However, there are others that still don't have the problem fixed. So the patch works for you. I want to leave this thread open, as Netgear still needs to solve this problem.

It's better to open your own problem thread (for several reasons).  In this case there seem to be multiple causes (otherwise the patch would work fo all).  That suggests that is is better to treat them separately, and not lump them all together in one thread.

Message 32 of 34
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello greispe

Can you please email your NAS system log to readycloud@netgear.com?

Message 33 of 34
greispe
Tutor

Will do. Just to summarize:

• Using ReadyCloud Version 2.0.1 (2040) on iOS 11.3
  • Using 6.9.3 on my ReadyNAS
  • Generates error "Network error occurred" when accessing ReadyNAS on iOS app while on local network
  • Works fine while using ReadyCloud remotely from local network
Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements