Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 102: When using ReadyCLOUD on my desktop I get the message "No volumes or USB disk

perlundin66
Tutor

ReadyNAS 102: When using ReadyCLOUD on my desktop I get the message "No volumes or USB disks"

Hi.
When using ReadyCLOUD on my desktop I get the message "No volumes or USB disks" trying access my information on my ReadyNas. OS 6.5-0. Status: In good shape. I have tried to get a solution via the community, but with no success. I have tried diiferent browsers: Chrome, Edge and Firefox. I have checked so that the checkbox for proxy server is unchecked. I have tried to reinstall the ReadyCLOUD app. I have restarted the NAS several times. Now I have ran out of ideas. Do you have any?

When I use the ReadyCLOUD app for Andriod in my mobile phone or tablet, I'm able to reach my files... I'm also able to reach my files on LAN.

Best regards

Per Lundin

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
perlundin66
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS 102: When using ReadyCLOUD on my desktop I get the message "No volumes or USB disk

Solution found! I had to delete all links in ReadyCLOUD to my NAS. Then, at home on my LAN, I had to reconnect the NAS again. And then....the disks are back! Hopefully this can help others with the same problem. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 102: When using ReadyCLOUD on my desktop I get the message "No volumes or USB disks"

Hello perlundin66,

What's version of the desktop client? Can post a screenshot?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Hi JennC. Thanks for the quick response.

It looks like this:
Infogad bild 1

Infogad bild 2
Message 3 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@perlundin66 wrote:

Infogad bild 1

Infogad bild 2

Hi @perlundin66  These links are invalid (they appear to be links to gmail???)

Please just click on the image link, and browse to the image on your PC.  Then upload it.

Message 4 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Hi StephenB. I'll try it...

Looks like this:

Screen shot 1.png

Screen shot 2.png

Hopfully this will work better 🙂

BR. Per Lundin

Message 5 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Those links work.  But you appear to be browsing to readycloud, and JennC wanted to see the version of the readycloud app (which is an installed program).

Message 6 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Hmmm... here is someting fishy...

The ReadyCloud folder is empty...

Screen shot 3.png

...and the icon is grey...

Screen shot 4.png

...but I have installed and reinstalled the program several times...

When I try to run it, nothing happens. I have also tryed to run it as administrator.

OS is Windows 10.

BR: Per

Message 7 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello perlundin66,

So what you are saying is that the ReadyCloud desktop does not launch? You should have a ReadyCloud icon on the bottom right corner of your screen that when you click it, it should open a login screen.

If you do not see an icon, please check if you get an option that says "Run as administrator" when right clicking the ReadyCloud desktop app.

Regards,

Message 8 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Hi JennC.

Yes, I have tried to use the icon in the right bottom corner. I'm not able to run it as administrator from here, but from the start menu. But this gives the same result. I can read that my NAS is "Offline", and I try to reconnect. Still "Offline". But I'm able to reach it from my mobile phone... so it is "Online".

Screen shot 5.png

BR. Per L.

Message 9 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello perlundin66,

Is this the same ReadyCloud/MyNetgear account you use on the mobile phone? What is the version of the ReadyCloud desktop app that you installed on the Windows? Please make sure you do not have any firewall security software running at the same time that may block it.

I suggest you exit it out also then launch it again.

Regards,

Message 10 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Hi JennC.

Yes, it's the same account. The version of ReadyCloud client is: v1.12. Regarding the firewall, I have checked, ReadyNAS remote is an allowed app. I have tried to exit and launch again. I have also tried to connect to my cellphone as a hot spot, using the mobile network. Just testing another way to connect to my NAS. My plan was to not use the company network at all. Unfortunately with the same result. But, as I said before, the ReadyCloud app in my cellphone is working.

Message 11 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello perlundin66,

This must be something is blocking the app on this computer since the mobile see the NAS volume, that means the NAS settings are fine. Maybe lowering down or turn off the security.

Regards,

Message 12 of 14
perlundin66
Tutor

Solution found! I had to delete all links in ReadyCLOUD to my NAS. Then, at home on my LAN, I had to reconnect the NAS again. And then....the disks are back! Hopefully this can help others with the same problem. 🙂

Message 13 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Perlundin66,

Thank you for letting us know that you have found a solution.

Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions or questions. We appreciate your contribution!

Regards,

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements