Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 Internet Unavailable

bencan
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 Internet Unavailable

Hello,

I just change internet service providers, ReadyCloud worked fine previously connected via Ethernet to the modem.  Now connected to new wireless gateway and ISP by Ethernet  I can log in as admin to ReadyNas but with ReadyCloud enabled, Internet is Unavailable.  Raidar finds the device but from ReadyCloud it says no devices discovered.  Have tried the long press on backup to put into discovery mode and pressed retry with no luck.  Computers are wireless Windows 10.  Can't use the readycloud desktop app or the mobile app to connect.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the new modem but not sure what it is.  Has an IP address, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  Firmware 6.9.3 and was working find until the switch.

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 Internet Unavailable

Hi bencan,

You can try doing an OS reinstall. This will reset some settings on the NAS, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to default. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bencan,

Welcome to the Community!

If a computer is connected to the wireless gateway via Ethernet, can it connect to the Internet?

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
bencan
Aspirant

Just tried a laptop and the internet does work from all 4 ethernet ports on the gateway.  I swapped out the ethernet cable I used to test the laptop with the one I used for the Readynas just in case, but I have had green lights at the ethernet port on both the Readynas and the gateway from the beginning.  With the new cable I tried discovery again without success and still says Internet Unavailable.

Message 3 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bencan,

You can try doing an OS reinstall. This will reset some settings on the NAS, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to default. 

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
bencan
Aspirant

I'm willing to try.  I'm guessing no data losses will occur?  And from the admin/settings, I would click 'Perform Factory Default'?

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bencan,

No, you need to select the OS reinstall option. This option will not delete the data on the NAS. You may check this link on how to access the boot menu and select the OS reinstall.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@JohnCM_S wrote:

No, you need to select the OS reinstall option. This option will not delete the data on the NAS.

but factory default will, so make sure you don't do that one.

Message 7 of 8
bencan
Aspirant

It worked, internet available and ReadyCloud connected, thanks very much John!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements