Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 104 boots with error do_exit+480

ric_sa_moore
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 boots with error do_exit+480

When I start up my ReadyNAS it tries to perform data recovery and then fails with an error do_exit+480.  Is there any chance of recovering this or getting my data off the disks?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ric_sa_moore wrote:

When I start up my ReadyNAS it tries to perform data recovery 

Not sure exactly what you mean here, as the NAS won't perform data recovery.  Can you give us some more details on what you are seeing?

Perhaps it is trying to do a resync or a file system scan?

@ric_sa_moore wrote:

Is there any chance of recovering this or getting my data off the disks?

Perhaps.  You can contact paid support via my.netgear.com ( https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service ).  There are some other possibilities too,

But I'd begin by powering down the NAS and testing all the disks with vendor tools (lifeguard for Western Digital, seatools for seagate).  You do this in a Windows PC - connecting the disks with either SATA or a USB adapter/dock.  The PC won't recognize the formatting, but the vendor tools can still detect and test the disks. 

Label the disks by slot number as you remove them, so you can preserve the slot order.

Message 2 of 5
ric_sa_moore
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.

The display on the NAS reads "booting..." and a percentage that goes up to 100%.

It then reads "Recovering data..." and a percentage that goes slowly up to about 16% before getting stuck.  Then eventually displays the "do_exit+480" error.

They are WD drives.  I've got them into my PC now and will run lifeguard and let you know what happens.

Richard

Message 3 of 5
ric_sa_moore
Aspirant

I've run both drives through the WD tools - the extended tests - and no errors were found.

What's my next step?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ric_sa_moore wrote:

I've run both drives through the WD tools - the extended tests - and no errors were found.

What's my next step?

Well, one option is paid netgear support (my.netgear.com).

You could also try ReclaiMe software (www.ReclaiMe.com).

One free thing you could try - see if you can boot the NAS into read-only mode with only one drive installed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements