Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104: unable to locate it #24583637 [SOLVED]

suskis
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104: unable to locate it #24583637 [SOLVED]

I have been using this NAS for a year, though I never managed to have ReadyCLOUD or ReadynasREMOTE work.
Now I NEED to share my stuff online, so I need to make this mess work. Now I have 6.2.2 firmware.

I tried to delete all previous attempts traces by deleting all accounts.
Impossible: you cannot delete the old user associated to readynasremote and readycloud on the NAS. you can delete them only online, but this is useless.
you can re-create the old user and password, but the problem is that the NAS keeps saying SERVICES OFFLINE.
I can't change, edit, add new users to the cloud accounts because 1) it can be done only online and 2) it can be done only AFTER the online service locates your NAS. But my nas is visible only on RAIDAR. Even using the serial number gives no result. I tried this even disabling firewall on my router.
Any clues?

Message 1 of 6
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Re: ReadyNAS 104: unable to locate it

Hello,
It was not quite clear if the following steps were the ones that you have tried and could not complete because of the services being offline. So just in case I repeat the normal procedures:

You can disconnect your ReadyNAS device from the main ReadyCLOUD account without having to use ReadyCLOUD. This can be done from the normal local admin page. After having done that a fresh start can be attempted as all cloud users are automatically disconnected as well.

To do so, please have a look at the “Cloud” Tab on your local admin page. If you click on the “Settings” button belonging to ReadyCLOUD and then on “Leave” the main ReadyCLOUD account is disconnected. You can then reconnect you ReadyNAS device to a new account by toggling the ReadyCLOUD switch located on the same page back to on. In the following dialog you can choose to create a new account or connect to an existing one. However, if you choose to create a new account you cannot choose an email address that is already connected to an old account before completely removing the old account. This in turn can be done on the readycloud.netgear.com website. Log-in there and click on settings, then on remove account.

Finally, once you have connected your ReadyNAS device with a new account, logged in on the ReadyCLOUD website and still cannot find the device there you have to turn on discovery mode on the ReadyNAS. On the ReadyCLOUD website go to the “Discovery”-Tab and follow the instructions.

Again, sorry if I just repeated what you have done anyway. If the problem lies somewhere else can you please clarify at which point the NAS tells you that the services are offline?

Bye,
Eskender
Message 2 of 6
suskis
Aspirant

thanks for your reply.

If I follow your instructions, step by step, when I press the "Leave" button, to leave the main readycloud account (that, by the way, I have already deleted online), after around 30 seconds or more, the window closes and I am back to the Cloud page. If I check again, I am still "connected", I still can press the "leave button" and, if I check the USERS button I see the old, defunct and deleted account is still there. If I try to delete it using the relative DELETE USER option, all I am told is that I must go online to do so (something I already did long ago).
So, in short, I think my NAS refuses to forget is Readycloud and Readynas user.
Message 3 of 6
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

did you have any success in the meantime? On my system I also have to occasionally toggle the ReadyCLOUD switch a couple of times until my changes are accepted. In rare cases even rebooting the device is required.
Using the current "undeletable" ReadyCLOUD user, did setting the ReadyNAS into Discovery mode not work?

Bye,
Eskender
Message 4 of 6
suskis
Aspirant

this problem was finally solved after vibrant protest on Netgear's Facebook page. Customer service took care of the problem remote controlling my NAS and resetting everything manually online. it was a problem a simpe user could not fix.
Message 5 of 6
njfire
Aspirant

DId anyone figuer out how to make a ReadyNas LEAVE readycloud?  Mine is stuck and will not leave?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements