Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 6001010106 Error & Admin login corrupted

ArielHorn
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 212 6001010106 Error & Admin login corrupted

Greetings - Thanks in advance for the support. I am not an IT professional and just use my ReadyNAS at home for personal storage with my family. 

Everything was operational until I attempted to invite another family member on the ReadyCloud admin page using this basic set of instructions. The menu was a little different than what was shown here since I have newer version of the software.

https://kb.netgear.com/24930/ReadyCLOUD-Allowing-share-access-for-remote-users-and-local-users

I was following this but think it either got hung up and corrupted the admin account or something similar to another discussion here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/readynas-error-code-6001010106-since-firmwar...

I can now no longer log into the admin panel at all so I'm pretty much stuck. The content on my plex server is still working fine FWIW but I can no longer see anything. Attaching a few screencaps that I hope will help diagnose.

Thanks so much!
Ariel 

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 212 6001010106 Error & Admin login corrupted

Can you log into the RN212's admin page directly (not through ReadyCloud)?

You do that by browsing to https://nas-ip-address/admin or https://nas-name/admin (using the real IP address or NAS name of course).

Message 2 of 11
ArielHorn
Aspirant

Unfortunately no, I tred that and the admin panel is no longer taking my normal ReadyCloud password nor the standard admin: password vanilla variety.

I think the key may be to go into the back end (I have no idea how I would do this) and restore the admin account, and perhaps see why it got messed up when I added the other user. My plex account is still loading files fine from the NAS even though I cannot login to it, for what that is worth 🙂

Thanks again for considering my dilemma. 

Best,

Ariel

Message 3 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ArielHorn

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to try and install RAIDar and check the NAS' status? You will have to perform an OS-Reinstall if the Admin account is not letting you access the admin page or you may have to try using a different browser. 

If you are still getting the 6001010106 Error then contacting Support might be best to resolve the issue through Backend access, You can login to my.netgear.com to create case, It might involve adding back the ReadyCloud admin as mentioned on this post.

You may also want to update the firmware if it is still not updated.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 4 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Just to clarify something - 

We (both @Marc_V and I) are aiming to sort out if your problem is with ReadyCloud itself (which is an optional service), or with general access to the NAS admin UI (which of course is always needed).

So for now, abandon use of ReadyCloud, and just try to get into the admin UI directly.  You'd use the NAS admin account for this, not your ReadyCloud account.  If you don't recall the password, you'll probably need to do the OS reinstall procedure that @Marc_V suggests.

Once we sort out any issues with the Admin web interface, we can then circle back to ReadyCloud.

Message 5 of 11
ArielHorn
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for the reply. I am in China for another couple days but will check this when I am back on my home wifi and coordinate on that with you. Thanks again. Ariel

Message 6 of 11
ArielHorn
Aspirant

Hello there. I attempted to login directly to the NAS admin UI using the IP address and it did bring up a login prompt but it will.not take the user name and password I had previously been using. Also wouldn't accept the vanilla password.

If I need to reinstall the OS, will it definitely be necessary to erase all data on the drives, or they can remain intact?

Thanks,
Ariel
Message 7 of 11
ArielHorn
Aspirant

Sorry, just to make sure we're all talking about the same things, I went back to the similar thread from last year from this community and it was solved with the below. Is there a way to know if this can also be done for me with your help because it seems similar to my issue.
-------------

The ReadyCLOUD admin was missing from the group it needed to be in. So adding it to that group from the backend resolved the issue.
Message 8 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

You are using user name admin when you try to log into the UI, correct?  If it's not accepting that and the default password password, then you likely changed it when you set things up and forgot.  An OS re-install will solve that, resetting the password back to default.  Or if you set up password recovery, you can use that.  So long as you make sure you are doing an OS Reinstall, not a Factory Default, your data will not be touched.  Nonetheless, it is always best to insure your backup is up to date before proceeding.

Message 9 of 11
ArielHorn
Aspirant

Thank you, everyone. I followed the steps to do an OS Re-install and it seems to be working again. It not longer shows online in the readycloud so should I remove the previous corrupted instance and re-discover in readycloud? Otherwise looking great! Thanks again!

Message 10 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ArielHorn

Are you saying the ReadyCloud service is turned off? or you may want to make sure that Services and Internet are both checked on the Cloud services tab and ReadyCloud is turned on then check on ReadyCloud App again.

Good to hear that the OS Reinstall did help on getting access to your local admin page.

Regards

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements