Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 214 OneDrive locks up internet access for the rest of the network

DanSutton
Follower

ReadyNAS 214 OneDrive locks up internet access for the rest of the network

I've tried using the OneDrive app in my RN214; it does sync to OneDrive, but while it's doing it, everything else on my network suddenly experiences either extreme slowness or is unable to connect to the internet. I've tried changing the settings in the OneDrive app to throttle the thing, but it makes no difference. The RN214 has the latest firmware, as upgraded a couple of days ago: v6.10.3.

My router is a brand new Nighthawk RAX200, on which I've installed the latest firmware and also enabled Quality Of Service, and given the NAS low priority; changing these settings makes no difference, either, and it made no difference on my previous router, either: a Nighthawk R8500 which I only replaced because the RAX200 is supposed to be able to arbitrate internet access better (although I see no difference at all in terms of which settings are available to do this). 

My internet connection is through Spectrum cable; upload speed about 1.5 MBit/s; download speed 70 MBit/s. Clearly, the upload speed is far inferior... but I feel I should be able to configure something in order to make this work without completely killing network access. Can I do anything with the router to make this work better, for example?

Thanks.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router, RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 214 OneDrive locks up internet access for the rest of the network

Hi DanSutton,

Welcome to the Community!

What are the file sizes that you are syncing with OneDrive?

Just for testing purposes, have you tried checking if you will get the same issue when you sync a PC with OneDrive?

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements