Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3138 and Ready Cloud Desktop VPN Disconnected

bbihun
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3138 and Ready Cloud Desktop VPN Disconnected

I have a Ready NAS running Firmware 6.9.4 HotFix 1, ReadyCloud is ver 1.16. It works fine locally. Outside it works on the web and through Android apps, but it will not work with the PC apps. The PC app will only conenct if it is local, otherwise it says Online VPN Disconnected. I have tried numerous computers, rebooting the NAS, disabling readycloud and re-enabling it, and completely redoing the readycloud setup. Nothing has worked. I have tried it on several computers. The only was anyone can access the NAS outside the office is via web or mobile.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 and Ready Cloud Desktop VPN Disconnected

Have you tried disabling any internet security or firewall software on the PC?

Message 2 of 8
bbihun
Aspirant

Yes. Most of the computers run Norton, I have put application exceptions in, disabled Norton, even uninstalling Norton and disablin the Windows Firewall. All computer are running the latest Win 10.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Another thing you can test is whether you can download a file from the NAS to the PC when using the readycloud web page (when away from home).

Message 4 of 8
bbihun
Aspirant

Downloading from the readycloud website works fine. It is just a real pain to use that when we access files regularly.

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@bbihun wrote:

Downloading from the readycloud website works fine. It is just a real pain to use that when we access files regularly.

Yeah, but my main interest was troubleshooting.  If the readycloud website works, and the VPN fails from the same location, then the issue has to be with the PC VPN connection.  The VPN connection from the NAS to ReadyCloud has to be working ok.

Now, the VPN might sometimes fail because the hotspot (or whatever) is blocking the ports that it uses.  But if it always fails from every remote location, then the problem has to be in the PC - not the NAS or the cloud itself.

Message 6 of 8
bbihun
Aspirant

The VPN fails on numerous PCs from numerous locations. They all use to work fine and the only thing that has changed is standard windows updates. What ports are used by the VPN? The only port I see is 6300.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

6300 is the default port (though you can change it).

I don't use ReadyCloud myself, so hopefully folks who do will chime in on the troubleshooting.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements