Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 316 and others - ReadyCLOUD Web interface only showing Home Folders

tiborszabo
Star

ReadyNAS 316 and others - ReadyCLOUD Web interface only showing Home Folders

Hi all,

I have about 7 x ReadyNAS devices running at various sites.

This morning (25 May 2020), it seems that anyone accessing their ReadyNAS via ReadyCloud on the web (https://readycloud.netgear.com) can only see their Home Folders, and none of the Shared Folders.

Is anyone else having this issue, since I am seeing it on all my devices, across different ISP's, different firmwares, and different locations?

Many thanks in advance.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 316 and others - ReadyCLOUD Web interface only showing Home Folders

@tiborszabo @JuanD

Yes it is an issue detected by the team and they are working on it. As a workaround you can use the desktop or mobile app to access shares they should not be affected by the issue.

UPDATE: Issue is now resolved. You should be able to see your shares when logged in to the portal.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 316 and others - ReadyCLOUD Web interface only showing Home Folders

@tiborszabo

Have you tried rebooting the NAS to restart the service? Are the users accessing admin account for each ReadyNAS? 

Message 2 of 9
tiborszabo
Star

Thanks for the reply @Marc_V,

Yes I did try rebooting first - no joy.

What's odd is that all of my ReadyNAS devices that are connected to ReadyCLOUD, are showing the same issue - different clients, different locations, different networks, which makes me think that this isn't a device issue, but a ReadyCLOUD web service issue.

Who do we report this to?

Interestingly, the ReadyCLOUD app (Windows) works fine - I can see all Shares there.

Message 3 of 9
tiborszabo
Star

Hi again @Marc_V 

Sorry I didn't answer your 2nd question - users aren't logging in as admins, but when I login as an admin on any of the devices (via the ReadyCLOUD web interface), I get the same thing - Home Folders only.

No firmware updates were done recently on any of these devices - nothing has changed on them for the past 3 months approx., but this issue just began this morning.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 9
JuanD
Aspirant

Same problem here with with a 212 NAS.

When remote users tried to connect to yesterday (8:00 GMT+1), it could connect.  They only get access to the home folders, but no access to other shared folders.

Yesterday at 23:00 GTM+1 it begin to work but today it doesn't.

We are using links+passwords as workaround... 

NOTE: if you use readycloud on the same LAN that the NAS it works fine...  only remote users have problems (the ones that should use readycloud).

BR.

Juan.

Message 5 of 9
tiborszabo
Star

@JuanDThanks JuanD - I thought I was going nuts.

Same here - it was up and down this morning for me as well.

I had gotten to the point where I started pulling apart my NAS settings to try find the problem.

Clearly there are issues with the ReadyCLOUD web service, but how on earth do we get updates or a status on the service?

Also, how do we log faults / tickets that are related to the service?

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 6 of 9
tiborszabo
Star

@JuanD @Marc_V 

I've just received word from our agents here in South Africa that this is indeed an issue that Netgear are currently working on.

We wait in hope...

Thanks all for your feedback and input.

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tiborszabo @JuanD

Yes it is an issue detected by the team and they are working on it. As a workaround you can use the desktop or mobile app to access shares they should not be affected by the issue.

UPDATE: Issue is now resolved. You should be able to see your shares when logged in to the portal.

Regards

Message 8 of 9
VAMA
Aspirant

My NAS is 526X and latest updated still i am facing same issue.

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements