Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.10.3 OneDrive bidirectional sync problem

SLK-Purdue
Luminary

ReadyNAS 6.10.3 OneDrive bidirectional sync problem

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/ReadyNAS-6-10-3-OneDrive-bidirectional-s...

This has been talked about previously and marked "there is a fix". I am still seeing the problem on current firmware. Where is the fix?  Without a fix, it makes cloud sync pretty useless.  Thanks

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 6.10.3 OneDrive bidirectional sync problem

Hi SLK-Purdue,

It will be best for you to contact our support team for this issue. There is a fix that they can apply on your NAS that may resolve that OneDrive bidrectional sync issue.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I have been through this Catch-22 before.   The units (I have 2) are out-of-warranty and I don't have a maintenance contract.  How do I talk to suport?

Scott

@JohnCM_S wrote:

Hi SLK-Purdue,

It will be best for you to contact our support team for this issue. There is a fix that they can apply on your NAS that may resolve that OneDrive bidrectional sync issue.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@SLK-Purdue wrote:

I have been through this Catch-22 before.   The units (I have 2) are out-of-warranty and I don't have a maintenance contract.  How do I talk to suport?

The warranty just covers the hardware, so you'd need to pay even if they were under warranty.  You could ask about per-incident support (which I believe is about $75 USD).

No idea why they don't push these fixes as hot-fixes (though maybe this one needs some manual troubleshooting).

Message 4 of 6
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

So, there is a KNOWN fix for a problem that makes the Cloud sync feature virtually useless and I have to pay $75 to get it!!   That is outrageous.   I can understand paying if there is investigation involved but the fix is on the shelf and critical.  That support strategy is just foolish.  Why piss off people who purchase your expensive equipment and need to use the advertised feature?

Where can I appeal to some Management to make an appropriate call?

Scott

@StephenB wrote:

@SLK-Purdue wrote:

The warranty just covers the hardware, so you'd need to pay even if they were under warranty.  You could ask about per-incident support (which I believe is about $75 USD).

No idea why they don't push these fixes as hot-fixes (though maybe this one needs some manual troubleshooting).

Message 5 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SLK-Purdue,

I can try endorsing you to the appropriate support team and see if they can provide help for this issue. You may just send me your contact details via private message.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements