Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS DUO v1 and new ReadyCloud doesn't work- How to?

tigger1972de
Initiate

ReadyNAS DUO v1 and new ReadyCloud doesn't work- How to?

Hello,

I used ReadyNAS remote all time. Now I changed to Windows 8. But how can I connect to my two RND2000 ReadyNAS DUO V1. Both have the newest Firmware.
But ReadyCloud can't discover my NAS's. On the other side: my Samsung S4 can see both with the Android-APP ReadyCloud.

What must I do to see on my PC?
Message 1 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

This is probably an issue that is being worked on, ReadyCloud was designed for OS6 units but some users (like you) are able to see their NAS using the ReadyCloud app on android phones. For your PC, try installing this and run compatibility for Win7:

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/mdg ... 6.5.23.exe
Message 2 of 6
CapnOdyssey
Aspirant

Has there been any progress on ReadyCloud availablility for ReadyNas DUO v1

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CapnOdyssey,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there is no plan getting ReadyCloud to work with ReadyNAS Duo or any legacy NAS. ReadyCloud is for ReadyNAS OS6 while ReadyNAS Remote is for the legacy NAS models (OS4 and OS5).

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

@JennC wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no plan getting ReadyCloud to work with ReadyNAS Duo or any legacy NAS. ReadyCloud is for ReadyNAS OS6 while ReadyNAS Remote is for the legacy NAS models (OS4 and OS5).

This is perhapos one of the worst decisions Netgear has made with respect to the ReadyNAS line.  If the two clients could both be installed on the same computer, it would not be an issue.  But anyone that has both new and legacy equipment must now choose which they will have remote access to and which they will not.  That Netgear does not underestand the severity of this debacle is truly astounding.  If anyone who supports this forum has access to anyone at Netgear who is able to make decisions, please pass this on to them.

Message 5 of 6
banditinoz
Apprentice

I COMPLETELY AGREE.

I run both a Duo and a RN102 with things I need remote access to on both. remote was finding my Duo but not my RN102, so of course I installed Readycloud, believing that it would be intelligent enough to access both.

In the process it removed remote, after which I discovered I could no longer access my Duo. So then I figured ok, I'll put remote on as well so I can access both Readynas. It then uninstalled cloud and wouldn't install on Windows 10 even with the compatability troubleshooter.

So now I'm screwed! I can access my RN102 via cloud, but I'm unable to reach important data on my Duo at all.

Netgear needs to find a solution as I believe this is unacceptable because it takes away important functionality that is supposed to be integral to the operation of the device.

IT'S NOW A PAPERWEIGHT! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements