Using the readycloud app i get "Online (VPN Disconnected)"
Was working beautifully before OS6.5

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
davesumm
Luminary

Re: ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

I've always used only lowercase for emails so it can't be that. I also noticed that my PC wouldn't connect to the NAS using explorer without mapping a network drive using the NAS' admin credentials but upon restarting the PC they would disconnect and i'd have to do it all again... Annoying. Even simply clicking on the NAS in 'network' would cause a connection error.

I got sick of it not working so I created another sso login using a different email address. The original was hotmail the new one is icloud. I removed the original from cloud users and signed in with the new one and it all works again. There must be a problem with the way netgear handles the so called migration to SSO.

The iPhone app works fine but the screen & text needs resizing to suit a 6S plus as it currently looks like something from the 90's.

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 26

All Replies
Blackstar
Tutor

I have exactly the same issues since upgrading to 6.5 . Can acsess via readycloud website but desktop client says vpn disconnected, tried reboots, reinstalls of clients, mynetgear account etc etc.... Also netgear support is refusing to assist unless I buy a support contract. Feel like I have been dumped by the side of the road.
Message 2 of 26
Blackstar
Tutor

Just to add, am on a RN104 and everything was working perfectly before the update
Message 3 of 26
Blackstar
Tutor

@davesumm just incase this helps you i managed to get it working by disabling encription on the readcloud settings, by going to the readynas admin page navigating to the cloud tab and then clicking on 'settings' for the readycloud option, change from the proxy page to the security one and then disable the checkbox for encryption.

@netgear can anyone help sort this issue so we can reenable encrytion and have the vpn work as this is just a temporary fix and we need to be secure

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Thanks, I'll give it a go when i get home. Shame we have to resort to figuring out how to do it ourselves.

Message 5 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blackstar,

Thank you for sharing your workaround that fixed your issue. I hope @davesumm can give it a try and provide feedback afterwards. With regard to your encryption question, I may have to look and test it on my end if I will get the same behavior. I will keep you guys posted.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

I'll be sure to give feedback if it works or not. Another pain is that it's not possible (as far as i know) to test without being offsite so i go home, make a change then go to work to test if it worked.

Message 7 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

I changed the security setting and my iPhone (using 4G) rcloud app sees it (online) but it then changes its mind and says disconnected so i'm guesing nothing has changed

Message 8 of 26
stylo1984
Aspirant

i had the same issue, deleted the nas of my account and placed it back. everything works fine now

Message 9 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

I tried your suggestion. I removed the NAS and re-added it and it still doesn't work.

C'mon Netgear, this must be embarrasing for you?

Message 10 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davesumm,

This has been working for me since I migrated and updated my system last week. Anyway, look at the encryption box in the Cloud settings page and make sure its checked. Lastly, under your network settings, disable IPV6 on the active NIC of your ReadyNAS system.

Will wait for your feedback.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Hi, Brian

I'll switch encryption back on and try your suggestion later when i get home but I've no idea what an NIC is.

Thanks

Message 12 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davesumm,

No worries. Just update this thread once you've tried it. Follow the steps below.

1. Access the admin page.

2.Click the 'Network' tab you will see the active ethernet (NIC) interface of your NAS.

3. Click the gear icon and select settings.

4. Select the IPv6 page.

5. Select the drop-down button and select 'Disable'.

6. Hit the Apply button.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 13 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Thanks for clarifying. I'd half guessed that but wasn't sure. I'll let you know this time tomorrow as I can only test if it works or not when i'm at work.

Message 14 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davesumm,

I'm hoping that this would fix your problem.

Kind regarsd,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Hi, Brian

I made your suggested changes and i get the following (all from remote access)

iPhone - RCLOUD app - says i have no devices unless i log out and log back in, then shows the NAS as online but when i click it, the next page says disconnected (nothing new here)

PC at work - readycloud.netgear.com through Chrome - Won't even log into anything... just hangs with the message "Loading the web page, please wait..."

PC at work - readycloud app - "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

Message 16 of 26
Darkduma
Aspirant

I have the same exact situation. Is anyone from Netgear going to help?

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 17 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davesumm & Darkduma,

Can you confirm if your usernames are longer than 32 characters?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 18 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Hi, Brian

My username is 20 characters in length.

Message 19 of 26
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did your username originally have Upper case letters and did you migrate using lower case letters?

Message 20 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

Not real smart at this game are you? We went from username (which caused endless upper/lower case problems) to email logins so I'm not sure what you're asking me. Emails are always treated as lowercase are they not? In any case, mine was entered as all lower
Message 21 of 26
StephenB
Guru

@davesumm wrote:
 Emails are always treated as lowercase are they not?

email addresses themselves are not case-sensitive, but user accounts that use the email address format might be.

Message 22 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

I don't mean to seem insulting but i'm getting pretty sick of this problem. It was working fine and now it isn't and there's nothing i have changed other than the SSO farce.

Message 23 of 26
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi davesumm,

Our mobile apps had an update a couple of days ago. Could you give it another try and let us know if the update fixes your problem? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 24 of 26
davesumm
Luminary

I've always used only lowercase for emails so it can't be that. I also noticed that my PC wouldn't connect to the NAS using explorer without mapping a network drive using the NAS' admin credentials but upon restarting the PC they would disconnect and i'd have to do it all again... Annoying. Even simply clicking on the NAS in 'network' would cause a connection error.

I got sick of it not working so I created another sso login using a different email address. The original was hotmail the new one is icloud. I removed the original from cloud users and signed in with the new one and it all works again. There must be a problem with the way netgear handles the so called migration to SSO.

The iPhone app works fine but the screen & text needs resizing to suit a 6S plus as it currently looks like something from the 90's.

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements