Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Remote

suskis
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Remote

Again, my ReadyNAS 104 is failing in his normal duties..
I wanted to access it using ReadyNAS Remote, as usual, but, suddenly, it disappeared.
ReadyNAS Remote client on my pc says my NAS is offline. but my NAS says ReadyNAS Remote service is running fine. Readycloud, also, shows nothing in my NAS. so I think that, again, and with no reason at all, my cloud services are NOT working even if they say so.
any idea? and, yes, I rebooted the machine...

Message 1 of 15
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: ReadyNAS Remote

Have you check the DNS settings? You may set Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on your NAS
Have you tried to turn off/on both ReadyNAS Remote and ReadyCloud?
What is the current FW version of your NAS?
Message 2 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

are you able to see your NAS when you login to readycloud.netgear.com ?

why not just download the readycloud app?
Message 3 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

I confirm I use Google's DNS. I have both restarted the NAS and stopped both ReadyNAS Remote and ReadyCloud. I am running the last released firmware.
Also ReadyCloud does not work. I log in and see my NAS but it is empty (and it is not, ofc).
So both cloud services are not working, even if they say they are.
Message 4 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

can you try forwarding port 6300 to the LAN IP of your NAS. Then try again, disabling/enabling readycloud and remote. Are you using the ReadyCloud Client app?
Message 5 of 15
RX
Luminary
Luminary

@suskis:

I assumed that the FW you have on your NAS is v6.2.2. The ReadyCloud Client App replaces the ReadyNAS Remote Desktop Software.

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the ReadyCloud Client App or ReadyNAS Remote on your PC?
Try to disable any anti-virus or software firewall running on your PC as well.
Message 6 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

I installed the application on my pc: in says my NAS is online but if I double click its icon to access it, the phrase "connecting VPN" appears but, after some time, it stops and keeps saying DISCONNECTED. ofc I stopped and restarted the cloud services and rebooted the NAS
Message 7 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Did you forward port 6300 as per my suggestion?
Message 8 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

my router can handle only pre-defined services and this is not among them. however, as I said, until last week everything was ok even without any forwarding
Message 9 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

What were the last things you did before losing the connection with Remote/ReadyCloud? Did you do any updates?
Message 10 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

no, I did absolutely nothing, not even a restart. I was accessing my NAS at home from work, using the IP address that my ReadyNAS Remote provided. the following day I came at work and my NAS disappeared and never came back thereafter
Message 11 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

I tried to add a "virtual server" to port 6300 (both in and out) pointing to my NAS network IP, but still VPN dosen't connect (even if the NAS appears available on ReadyCLOUD app)

I checked the Cloud page on my NAS and I noticed the port 6300 is not mentioned at all on ReadyCLOUD section, but only on ReadynasREMOTE.
why there is still a REMOTE part? wasn't remote discontinued in favor of ReadyCLOUD? why is REMOTE still available?
Message 12 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

you may have to contact support, I can't think of any more cause of the sudden disconnection from the remote server.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/

ReadyCloud and Remote has been "merged", they are using the same connection "leaf" so cloud also uses port 6300. I am not sure why Remote is still on the UI, it might be addressed on future FW updates.
Message 13 of 15
suskis
Aspirant

sadly, support stops after 90 days from the day you buy the NAS (it's 1 year old). when I try contact them, they try to sell me a contract to receive assistance on their software.
Message 14 of 15
Nhellie
Virtuoso

can you test if this FW works for you? ver T1721

http://www.readynas.com/download/beta/r ... 21-arm.img
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation