Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Windows app does not work

magiccow
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Windows app does not work

The RAIDar app (6.2) correctly identifies my NAS, but the ReadyCloud app tells me that I have no registered devices.  Also the discover page on http://readycloud.netgear.com/ tells me that I have no devices.

The ReadyCloud app also crashes, saying "Too many automatic redirections were attempted"

(This is Windows 10)

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

@magiccow wrote:

The ReadyNAS Duo v2 does not appear to have a way to set the DNS manually

The Duo V2 does not support ReadyCloud, it uses ReadyNAS Remote.  Unfortunately, the UI doesn''t use the "ReadyNAS Remote" name, which creates confusion.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi magiccow,

For the issue wherein you access http://readycloud.netgear.com/ and tells you that no devices are detected; its possible that he NAS is having difficulties going online properly. You can try to set a static DNS on your unit. Try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

For the ReadyCloud app, I believe there will be an update for it as well.

Regards,

Message 2 of 13
magiccow
Aspirant

Thanks for your input.

When you say "on your unit" you mean the ReadyNas itself?  The ReadyNAS Duo v2 does not appear to have a way to set the DNS manually - advice on the website references menus that look different (even though I have firmware updated yesterday), presumably later hardware designs.  All the devices in the house here (including the ReadyNAS and the Windows 10 PC) are set for DHCP and get DNS information from the DSL router, so presumably if the DNS was borked, nothing anywhere would work. I set a static value of 8.8.8.8 in the DSL router to see if this made any difference, but it does not.

I installed the latest ReadyCloud app yesterday (v1.13).  Post changing the DNS, I tried 'check updates' in the app, whereupon it eventually failed with the "Too many automatic redirections were attempted" messages as before, but subsequently starting the app it says 'initialising' for a while, then disappears without ever showing the GUI.

Message 3 of 13
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@magiccow,

Yes I am pertaining to the ReadyNAS unit. Kindly go to the Network Tab and click Global Settings. You should be able to find the DNS settings there.

Regards,

Message 4 of 13
magiccow
Aspirant

@FramerV

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same thing as you.  Under 'System' I can see a horizontal section called 'Network'.  There is something called DNS Settings here, but all the sections (DNS 1,2,3) are non-editable.

Message 5 of 13
alillowr
Aspirant

I am also having the same issues with the desktop app.  I have tried the offered solutions changing the dns but still, it is not working and saying no registered devices.

Message 6 of 13
alillowr
Aspirant

I would like to add that the readycload app for mobile works just fine and sees the storage and files.

Message 7 of 13
magiccow
Aspirant

I discovered that I could change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, if I first switched the IP address from DHCP to manual.  It didn't make any difference to the problem though.

I installed the ReadyCloud app from the Netgear site again (this was version 1.13). It still cannot see any devices. It almost immediately told me there was an update availabe, which I accepted.  It uninstalled the 1.13 I had just installed, then installed something else (also numbered 1.13).  This "later 1.13" displays no devices, and also will crash some seconds after the app is started with the familiar "Too many automatic redirections were attempted".

This is Windows 10 version 1607, OS Build 14393.351

Message 8 of 13
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@alillowr,

Thanks for the information.

@magiccow,

Can you check if you can access your ReadyNAS via a mobile app? This is just to further isolate.

I will check if we can get some information from higher levels of support. I am sure your feedback will be useful.

Regards,

Message 9 of 13
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

@magiccow wrote:

The RAIDar app (6.2) correctly identifies my NAS, but the ReadyCloud app tells me that I have no registered devices.  Also the discover page on http://readycloud.netgear.com/ tells me that I have no devices.

The ReadyCloud app also crashes, saying "Too many automatic redirections were attempted"

(This is Windows 10)

RAIDar does a local lookup of ReadyNAS devices. ReadyCLOUD app requires you to join ReadyCLOUD. 
https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=discoverdevices   will look up devices that are internet conencted and will try to reverse lookup your ReadyNAS. If this shows "no devices detected" then either 1) your ReadyNAS cannot reach the internet or 2) your ReadyNAS is not in discoverable mode. Press and hold backup button for 10 seconds on 2 and 4 bay units and hold the OK button for 10 seconds on 6 bay models. 

Logging into ReadyCLOUD and seeing the "No Devices" means your device is not joined to ReadyCLOUD.

ReadyCLOUD app producing the .NET error message is a known issue and I opened a bug on it last week when I upgraded ReadyCLOUD. 

Message 10 of 13
alillowr
Aspirant

I can confirm that everything with the mobile app works just fine.

Message 11 of 13
Sandshark
Sensei

@magiccow wrote:

The ReadyNAS Duo v2 does not appear to have a way to set the DNS manually

The Duo V2 does not support ReadyCloud, it uses ReadyNAS Remote.  Unfortunately, the UI doesn''t use the "ReadyNAS Remote" name, which creates confusion.

Message 12 of 13
magiccow
Aspirant

Thanks!   ReadyNAS remote does work fine.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements