Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Howste
Tutor

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

I have a large number of clients with Ready NAS devices I support ranging from a RN2304 to 526X to a 214 all running 6.10.8 OS with the Windows App v1.20, different locations, different remote computers/laptops, and different networks and even ISPs. Every one of them has suddenly shown the VPN Disconnected error when attempting to access vis the Windows ReadyCloud Client.

I've followed all the suggestions in the other threads with similar issues, DNS, fixed IP/DHCP, Virus Protect, reboots, removed the app - downloaded and reinstalled and reset the ReadyCloud connection multiple times. Nothing will connect the Windows App to the VPN. (Interestingly the 526X will connect to the VPN for a short time when I reset the ReadyCloud link under the Cloud tab but within 15 minutes will show the same error again) All NAS devices will access via the web browser and the ReadyCloud Android app with no issues and local access is working fine.

I've even removed the leaf drivers and reset the networking components on the laptops that are running the Windows app.

This error has happened in the past three years (twice) and in every case the reset of the connection under the cloud tab has worked, but this time nothing...

Any help or updated resolutions (as the last one I found was 2021 and it was all the same stuff rehashed) would be appreciated as my clients do use this function and the web browser is very clunky for them to use regularly.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

@Howste wrote:

I have a large number of clients with Ready NAS devices I support ranging from a RN2304 to 526X to a 214 all running 6.10.8 OS with the Windows App v1.20, different locations, different remote computers/laptops, and different networks and even ISPs. 

Have you developed a migration plan for them (since ReadyCloud is being shut down in a couple of months)?

Message 2 of 3
Howste
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Yes we have. A couple are moving to Terramaster over the next few months and a few don't use the Readycloud so are sticking with it until they absolutely have to move. Regardless of the long term plans for this NAS and Readycloud it still needs to work until their end date of July 1st so my clients can use that functionality...

And update, I was able to get most of the NAS Readycloud services to work just by resetting the devices, but I have two that are stubbornly refusing the Windows client connection irrespective of all the steps I've followed from all the previous discussions I've found here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements