Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

jlib
Aspirant

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Is netgear having the same issue again with the VPN being disconnected for PC's?

I am able to get to my shares from my android devices but my windows 10 laptop gets the "Online, vpn disconnected" error.

The leaf network adapter has an incorrect ip starting with 169.

I have rebooted the pc, disabled and enabled the leaf adapter and signed out and in, to my readynas account.

anyone else having this issue?

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS 204
Message 1 of 36

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Hi all,

Can you please check and try again? It seems we did have a problem on it but should be fixed now.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 36

All Replies
jlib
Aspirant

Seems to have randomly started working again.

It would be nice to know if this was a netgear outtage or not.

Message 2 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jlib,

We have not received any reports about this yesterday. I guess it must be an isolated case.

Regards,

Message 3 of 36
Blondie1107
Aspirant

Hello,

I seem to be having a similar issue.  My remote users are not able to acces the desktop app.  The error message that is being displayed is (online) VPN Disconnected.  This has been working up unitl yesterday.  I am using model # ReadyNAS 314 with Firmware 6.6.1

Message 4 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

It looks ominously like the ReadyNAS leaf Network is flakey again.  We've spent this week trying to narrow things down, and we've found that the login is failing intermittently (showing login/password on screen).  Also, even once logged in, it's pretty hit and miss whether the registered ReadyNAS equipment can be seen.

Although it's not the same problem, the outcome seems to be.

When this was resolved earlier this year, I understood that we would be notiified of any outage.  Does this mean that there isn't one?  I don't think so because I have several clients telling me the same thing.

Come on Netgear - something isn't right here.  It's inconsistent which is no good for mission critical backups!

Message 5 of 36
HappyJack
Tutor

Doesn't seem to be an isolated occurance.  My connection has stopped as well.  With the most useful status "VPN Disconnected".

HappyJack isn't so Happy 😞

Message 6 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

Are you all using Windows, Mac or mobile app?

Please let me know which ones affected, I'm checking with others too.

Regards,

Message 7 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Hi Jenn
My group are using Readynas Remote Windows client.

When it fails to log in the Leaf network does not get a valid IP address, so the user/password prompt appears.

When it logs in but shows no ReadyNas, the IP address is in the wrong range

When it does show the ReadyNas it seems to be OK but drops its connection intermittently.

I hope this helps - thanks for the query
Message 8 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

By the way
The iPhone app is working fine
Message 9 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MalcolmT,

Thanks! 

I don't want to say that there is no issue on ReadyNAS Remote but I don't want say there is because I think we'll have wait if others too get the same problem on ReadyNAS Remote. I am waiting for the ReadyCloud users who get VPN disconnected error.

Regards,

Message 10 of 36
Blondie1107
Aspirant

Hi,

My group is using Windows

Message 11 of 36
davesumm
Luminary

Yep. VPN Disconnected for me again

Message 12 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

I've had a look around the community and it looks like other threads are reporting similar issues as before.

Please acknowledgr this latest outage and confirm what is being done to resolve it Netgear.
Message 13 of 36
jlib
Aspirant

My connection is still flakey. Only my windows 10 pc is having the issue. Android still works.

Message 14 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

Can you please check and try again? It seems we did have a problem on it but should be fixed now.

Regards,

Message 15 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Hi Jenn
All except 2 connections are back at the moment, so certainly an improvement for now.

Any suggestions for the remaining ones? What was wrong? It may give us a clue how best to feed back relevant info in a timely manner.
Message 16 of 36
Blondie1107
Aspirant

Hi Jenn,

I have verified my VPN connections are back up.

Thank you

Message 17 of 36
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi to all,

I think we have identified that the issue was on the server side. Please update the thread if there are any other issues.

Regards,

Message 18 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

I've been monitoring for the last few days, and they are fine thanks.  I did need to resave one of my client's profiles before it would log in unattended, so if anyone has that issue, it's perhaps worth a try.

Message 19 of 36
jlib
Aspirant

I finally had a chance to test from outside the network and it seems to be working as it should.

thanks for fixing it.

Message 20 of 36
md2020
Aspirant

Still seeing the issue on my Win 7 computer.  It seems to work on my win 10 devices

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 21 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

My connectons all seem to have stabilised, although I have had to reboot a few terminals that reconnected initially in order to maintain a constant connection.  Only one of these is a WIndows 7 PC but it may be worth a shot?

Message 22 of 36
md2020
Aspirant

I rebooted and it didn't help.

This is interesting:

Using the same machine, at the same time, on the same network:

When I look at the ReadyCloud Client 1.15 I see the status NAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

Using a web browser (IE or Chrome), I can log in to ReadyCloud and see the NAS connected and access all of the data

It looks like the problem is just connect to the ReadyCloud Client 1.15

Message 23 of 36
MalcolmT
Apprentice

I just tested with ReadyNAS Remote Client versions 1.6.5.26 with Windows 7 and 1.7.6.28 with Windows 10

Perhaps worth upgrading to teh latest available version?

Message 24 of 36
md2020
Aspirant

Hi,

I am using the ReadyCloud App, not the ReadyNAS  Remote App.  My setup if for Home use.  As I understand it, I can't try the App you recommend.

Message 25 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements