Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v1 - Migration from PC to Mac

Baldypaul
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v1 - Migration from PC to Mac

Hi. I have an older ReadyNas Duo v1 which I'm happy with (also have Vault). It's running the most recent Radiator for the v1(4.1.14). It's fitted with 2 x 1Tb drives.

Typing this on a PC but there's a new iMac in the corner waiting to get plugged in as soon as all my backups are sorted out.

I have everything I need backed up to additional external drives/cloud accounts etc., so reformatting the NAS isn't an issue. 

I can enable Time Machine (Mac OS backup) via Radiator. Is there anything else I need to do?? Do the drives need reformatted for use with Mac??

Any advice would be welcome.

Paul.

Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Duo v1 - Migration from PC to Mac

Hello Baldypaul,

If there is something you need to take note of, it's probably the size of what you are backing up to the NAS and the TimeMachine capacity that is set on the NAS' FrontView.

Please see this article for some instructions.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Baldypaul
Aspirant

Thanks. That could have been messy! It's a 1tb drive in the iMac and a 1tb raid in the nas, so fairly straightforward.
Cheers, Paul.
Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Baldypaul,

Perhaps upgrade the volume size of your NAS.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Baldypaul
Aspirant

I was thinking that, but the max drive size appears to be 2tb. Newer models are obviously more. I've had six or more years from the duo so a newer model might be a better option. I'd need two drives to upgrade the capacity anyway. When I bought the duo, netgear were doing a 'buy one get one free' on the drives!
Thanks, Paul.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Baldypaul wrote:
I was thinking that, but the max drive size appears to be 2tb. 

Correct.  Of course you can keep both NAS (backing up critical data on a new one to the duo).

RN102 and RN212 would both be options.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements