Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v2 Registration Problems

mattybobbyball
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v2 Registration Problems

Trying to set up readycloud and was told no products registered. So I go to Register the product and I am told that the device was already registered to anouther customer. How do I sort this out as I do want to use the cloud function.

Many thanks

Matt

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 Registration Problems

@mattybobbyball wrote:

Trying to set up readycloud and was told no products registered. So I go to Register the product and I am told that the device was already registered to anouther customer. How do I sort this out as I do want to use the cloud function.

ReadyCloud requires an OS-6 NAS, and a Duo v2 runs 5.x.x firmware.  

So unfortunately you just can't use ReadyCloud with this NAS.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@mattybobbyball wrote:

ReadyCloud requires an OS-6 NAS, and a Duo v2 runs 5.x.x firmware.  

So unfortunately you just can't use ReadyCloud with this NAS.

Message 2 of 5
mattybobbyball
Aspirant

Just purchased a second hand readynas duo V2. Trying to set this up and running into all sorts of issues. First trying to add this to my netgear account is inpossible as it states its registered to somebody else. Fair play so how can we overcome that. Not intrested in the warranty etc , just want to use it as a nas . Save and backup window folders etc.

After setup I was presented with some folders when I accessed the readynas throught the neckwork locations folder in this pc (Browse fol;ders  Music Pictures and video), however I was unable to save anything to them. Can someone please explain to me what I need to do ? I only got these so I could backup essential files.

Many thanks 

Matt

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@mattybobbyball wrote:

Just purchased a second hand readynas duo V2.  First trying to add this to my netgear account is inpossible as it states its registered to somebody else. Fair play so how can we overcome that.

You can't.  You register it for warranty and for paid support.  Netgear's warranty isn't transferable, and they won't support second hand equipment.  So they won't let you register it.

@mattybobbyball wrote:

After setup I was presented with some folders when I accessed the readynas throught the neckwork locations folder in this pc (Browse fol;ders  Music Pictures and video), however I was unable to save anything to them. Can someone please explain to me what I need to do ? I only got these so I could backup essential files.

What firmware are you running? Also, what PC operating system?

I am thinking that the folders you talking about are for ReadyDLNA.  If so, just turn off ReadyDLNA in the admin ui.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

@mattybobbyball wrote:

Not intrested in the warranty etc , just want to use it as a nas . Save and backup window folders etc.

Registration is not required to do that.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements