Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas cannot connect to READYCLOUD

popgun68
Aspirant

ReadyNas cannot connect to READYCLOUD

I am having trouble connecting my Netgear Nas 104 to ReadyCloud.

I am using Software 6.8.1

I am able to see the Nas in the ReadyCloud and am signed in, but I cannot bring it online through the portal. 

Everytime I try to turn on Ready Cloud on the “Cloud” page, II enter my credentials andI am given the following message:

“Something is preventing the Readynas from connecting to the ready cloud server. Please reboot your readynas and Try again.”

When I go to readygear.netgear.com the nas is there but will not show any of the files.

I am sure of my user name and password and have also confirmed that it is registered to my email address <REDACTED> user name is <REDACTED>

Lastly, I am able to see my files through my computer network fine, just not the Ready Cloud.

I would like to include my log but not sure which one to send you.

Please help!!!

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 36

Accepted Solutions
popgun68
Aspirant

First off, Is there any way to make this a closed discussion?  I don't want other people answering questions meant for me.

Secondly,  please look at the thread.   We are now going around in circles.  I have already answered that I have tried to create new accounts.  I NEED THIS BUMPED UP TO A HIGHER SUPPORT LEVEL.  I need someone to look at the logs which were sent.  If needed, I would like someone to login and see whats happening.

I have been thorugh the trouble shooting steps. 

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 36

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You are seeing the two green checks on the cloud tab ( https://nas-ip-address/admin )?

Message 2 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

Yes. Both Green.
Message 3 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

Here is the log from "readynasd" from when I tried to login today.  

Sep 29 18:57:45 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: Cannot open /var/lib/apt/lists/egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com_storagesync_netgear6_en-us_dists_6.8_egnyte_binary-armel_Packages
Sep 29 18:57:54 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: Cannot open /var/lib/apt/lists/egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com_storagesync_netgear6_en-us_dists_6.8_egnyte_binary-armel_Packages
Sep 29 19:07:39 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:07:57 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:08:07 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_set_owner.c:1226 rcloud_IsRegistered() error=`Owner already exists`
Sep 29 19:08:44 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_set_owner.c:1226 rcloud_IsRegistered() error=`Owner already exists`
Sep 29 19:09:23 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:23 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:251 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:38 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:251 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:38 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:251 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:39 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:39 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:251 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:09:49 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:11:41 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:11:56 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_set_owner.c:1226 rcloud_IsRegistered() error=`Owner already exists`
Sep 29 19:11:57 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
Sep 29 19:12:03 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: Cannot open /var/lib/apt/lists/egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com_storagesync_netgear6_en-us_dists_6.8_egnyte_binary-armel_Packages
Sep 29 19:12:03 CHUCKSNAS104 readynasd[2330]: Cannot open /var/lib/apt/lists/egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com_storagesync_netgear6_en-us_dists_6.8_egnyte_binary-armel_Packages

Message 4 of 36
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello popgun68,

Please try setting static DNS address on the NAS like 8.8.8.8 and check it will make any difference. Also may I ask for copy of the complete logs of the NAS, you may use file sharing website like wikisend and just Private Message(PM) me the download link. Do not post the link here on the thread. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

Thanks.  Just sent you a PM.

Message 6 of 36
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello popgun68,

Please try setting static DNS address on the NAS like 8.8.8.8 and check it will make any difference. I do have several questions would like to verify. 

1. Have you tried accessing the NAS from different PC or network?

2. What error are you getting when try to connect to readycloud? 

3. Have you tried creating new readycloud account?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

I have tried a couple of times to connect with other new accounts.  But I get the same message.  I took a screen shot of what it states, attached.

It does not work from another pc either.   

My Ready cloud software on my Win 10 pro, shows the NAS, but off line and it will not let me connect.

Same for the web page, It shows the connected nas but will not show me folders inside.

Can I get someone to login and look?

Message 8 of 36
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you disable the anti-virus service and reboot does that make any difference?

Message 9 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

Just tried that.  Same message. 

I just tried resetting all the permissions of all the folders but that didn't work either.  

This is nuts!   

Message 10 of 36
jeffreydb
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem on my ReadyNAS 102.

Already had contact with Netgear through this forum.

Emailed the logfiles on april 21st. Still waiting for a response.

Also the transfer speeds are quit slow.

Read: +/- 6.5 MB/s

Write: +/- 19 MB /s

Even when the NAS is directly connected with my computer.

Don't know if this has something to do with the ReadyCloud errors.

Kind regards.

Message 11 of 36
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jeffreydb,

Please provide the following information below:

1. What firmware the NAS is running at?

2. Do you have 2 green check marks under he cloud tab?

3. Have you tried setting up static dns (ex. 8.8.8.8) on the NIC card of the NAS?

4. Was connecting to the cloud before or this is its first time connectiong?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

Firmware is 6.8.1

2 Green Checkmarks, YES! 

I have tried setting up the Static DNS, but may have dome it wrong because I could not login to readynas after I did that. Maybe you can send me how?

My cloud ran fine before last month.

Would owning an ARLO camera System have somethnig to do with it?

Message 13 of 36
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello popgun68,

I am quite positive the Arlo camera system has nothing to do with the concern. After changing setting under Network tab of the admin page you have loss access and can no longer access the readynas. There is a possibility that you have change the ip address not the dns address. Please check if the raidar can still detect the NAS on the network and check if you can access the admin page from the raidar.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 36
jeffreydb
Aspirant

@Marty_M wrote:

@jeffreydb,

Please provide the following information below:

1. What firmware the NAS is running at?

2. Do you have 2 green check marks under he cloud tab?

3. Have you tried setting up static dns (ex. 8.8.8.8) on the NIC card of the NAS?

4. Was connecting to the cloud before or this is its first time connectiong?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Hi Marty_M,

1. Firmware version is 6.8.1.

2. Both green checkmarks are visible under the cloud tab.

3. Changing the DNS tp 8.8.8.8 doesn't fix the problem.

4. Since Netgear has changed their login to use an email address in stead of an username, I have these ReadyCloud errors on my NAS.

Here is my first post about this problem: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Failed-to-read-cloud-owner-from-the-configurati...

Only the error in Firmware version 6.6.1 was very different in the Frontview from the error I see now with Firmware version 6.8.1 in the Frontview.

But the problem is still the same; I cannot connect to ReadyCloud from the NAS.

I also see a lot of errors in the log files of the NAS.

For instance in the readycloud.log, I see the following error many times:

Oct 12 16:29:05 ReadyNAS102-JDB rcbrokerd[3463]: ERROR:hook.cpp:217: [Hook::loop] failed updateDeviceInfo, no element found at line 1

And in the readynasd.log, I see the following errors:

Oct 12 16:25:17 ReadyNAS102-JDB readynasd[2158]: cloud_get_owner.c:512 READYCLOUD ERROR: no element found at line 1
Oct 12 16:25:30 ReadyNAS102-JDB readynasd[2158]: cloud_set_owner.c:1226 rcloud_IsRegistered() error=`Owner already exists`

So somehow, it seems to me the NAS is having some reference to the old Netgear user account (username only), which cannot be overwritten by the new Netgear user account (email address).

Also, is it possible these ReadyCloud connection errors have an impact on the read and write speed of the NAS?

Because my read speed is quit slow. Write speed is doable, but should be better also according the specs.

Regards.

Message 15 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

You were right.  So I changes the DNS and I get the seme problem..."Something is preventin readynas from connecting to the ready cloud..."  What now?  Was anyone able to look at my logs?

Message 16 of 36
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello popgun68

To isolate the issue,can you please register a new MyNETGEAR account in ReadyCLOUD portal and try it again?
Message 17 of 36
jeffreydb
Aspirant

I alraedy tried to make a new MyNetgear account. Didn’t work.
Message 18 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

First off, Is there any way to make this a closed discussion?  I don't want other people answering questions meant for me.

Secondly,  please look at the thread.   We are now going around in circles.  I have already answered that I have tried to create new accounts.  I NEED THIS BUMPED UP TO A HIGHER SUPPORT LEVEL.  I need someone to look at the logs which were sent.  If needed, I would like someone to login and see whats happening.

I have been thorugh the trouble shooting steps. 

Message 19 of 36
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Can you check to see if there is a remnant of your ReadyNAS in any of your ReadyCLOUD accounts? If so, delete it and try again. If still having a problem rejoining, please enable Secure Diagnostics mode and PM me your code. 

Message 20 of 36
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This issue is fixed when old ReadyCLOUD registration file is removed.

Message 21 of 36
popgun68
Aspirant

My problem was solved, but maybe giving directions on how to do that woluld help others.
Message 22 of 36
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Yes, please tell us how this was fixed.
Message 23 of 36
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Hi Deniro,

Which file do I need to remove?
Message 24 of 36
willyb
Aspirant

Please advise how to remove ReadyNAS registration file.

Model: RN526X| ReadyNAS 526X 6-Bay with up to 60TB total storage
Message 25 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements