Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud 1.5.9 File Dates changed to today for images and movies without EXIF data

terrycloth
Guide

Readycloud 1.5.9 File Dates changed to today for images and movies without EXIF data

I've seen similar posts but without a solution. 

Using Readycloud 1.5.9 on an iPhone 6S, iOS 10.2.  Files synch well if EXIF data  exists on the photos which includes those taken with internal camera.

Unfortunately images that are screen shot or taken within apps like snapchat are uploaded without the original File Create and File Modify date.

Movies taken with the internal camera and within apps also are reset to the upload File Modify and File Create date.

Therefore all movies, screen captures, and app movies and images are now dated today's date.

Need a solution or this app isn't useful at all.

Thanks.

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud 1.5.9 File Dates changed to today for images and movies without EXIF data

Hello terrycloth,

I have some questions to ask, I have summarized them below:

• What is the model number of your ReadyNAS? 
  • What is the current firmware version?
  • Where do you check these info?
  • Can you verify if you get the same results when checking on the admin page?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
terrycloth
Guide

Re: Readycloud 1.5.9 File Dates changed to today for images and movies without EXIF data

Sorry for the delay in responding due to the holidays but I also wanted to run a few more tests.

This is a ReadyNAS 214, firmware 6.6.0. 

I have tested this using iPhone 5 and 6S using ReadyCloud 1.5.9.

When synching using the ReadyCloud app, the File Create Date and File Modify Date are overwritten to the date and time of the file upload.

I tested using Dropbox for iPhone and several screen shots.  The Dropbox app automatically renames the photos from IMG####.JPG to "yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss.jpg" - using the original file dates.  Dropbox also retains the original File Create and File Modify dates.  I use Dropbox to migrate the photos from my iPhone to the cloud, and synch to the PC (Windows Vista and Windows 10).  No problems...

Using WinSCP and FTP protocol, I am able to properly transfer the Dropbox synched media from my PC to the NAS.  The original File Modify and File Create dates are retained.

So to summarize:

- the ReadyCloud 1.5.9 iTunes App is not retaining the original dates when synching directly to the NAS.

- transferring files using FTP protocol directly onto the NAS properly retains the original dates

Dave

BTW I use ExifTool to rename my files to match the Dropbox format.  I'll create a separate post to help other users manage their photos from multiple sources using EXIF data.

Message 3 of 6
terrycloth
Guide

Created an email ticket for this with NetGear.  Will pass on any solutions offered in the Netgear community.

Message 4 of 6
Redwolf
Aspirant

Agree 100% and I can also add that the same happens with using media upload from Android. I am looking to use this for both iphones and android devices, with the intent that once they are uploaded to the NAS , I can have ACDSEE sort them into dated folders, but with the NAS changing the dates they cannot be sorted. 

The EXIF data still exists, so I am using a tool to change the "modified date" to the exif "date taken" date, but this is a lot of extra steps and unsustainable.

Message 5 of 6
terrycloth
Guide

I filled out a support ticket and it is being investigated so will post the results when I hear back.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements