Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud App, Sync function doesn't work.

Cosimo
Star

Readycloud App, Sync function doesn't work.

Hi everyone,

Since I bought the Netgear NAS this is I think the seventh time I wrote here asking for help on the Ready Cloud app.

Ready cloud app is not working it shows the message Synchronized but it is not. It's acting strange, showing "synchronizing...%" and after a few seconds again "synchronized" and so on, but it's not synchronizing anything.  I'm very disappointed about this app It's never working properly, this is the seventh time I spent my day trying to understand what's wrong and writing to this community. Again, I can't understand why netgear is advertising a sync function that is never and I'm saying never working! At the end my only chooise seems to put my nas on the trash and buy a new Synology or a Qnap. I will never again buy or advise a Netgear product!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readycloud App, Sync function doesn't work.

@Cosimo wrote:

At the end my only chooise seems to put my nas on the trash and buy a new Synology or a Qnap. I will never again buy or advise a Netgear product!

You could use different tech for sync.  Resilio Sync meets some use cases (and is what I use with my mobile devices).  Though I use the PC version, not the one built into the NAS.

Personally I've never used ReadyCloud - and I don't think I'd use Cloud Station Suite (or whatever QNAP has) either. I prefer solutions that don't lock me in.  That said, Cloud Station Suite does appear to be ahead of ReadyCloud as far as features go.

Message 2 of 3
Cosimo
Star

Re: Readycloud App, Sync function doesn't work.

Dear Stephen B,

Thank you as always for your answer.

I could use Resilio Sync of course but the fact that the same community users of Netgear advice me on the use of a different software it's saying a lot on the Ready Cloud app. The fact is that I bought the NAS because of this advertisment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHdtLycgHAY; It's saying that I can automatically sync the files and I cannot! It's not a matter of feature it's a matter of working feature and as long as I know Cloud Station Suite is syncronizing the file and ready cloud app is not because has always some bug and some problem. Server unvailable, VPN disconnected, it's showing syncronized when it's not...It's never working. So I just think that netgear is fooling the users with this advertisment on sync feature. They should remove it and say the ReadyCloud has no sync feature!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements