Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud Online - VPN Disconnected

jonathanca14
Guide

Readycloud Online - VPN Disconnected

Hello,

I have a Readynas 312 (Firmware: 6.10.4) which has been part of readycloud for about 5 yers, every now and then a user reports the Online - VPN disconected message and normaly I just remote in and reboot it to resolve. 

Tonight a reboot isnt fixing it. 

I have also tried uninstalling ReadyCloud from my PC and reinstalling which amde no difference (Ver 1.20)

I have tried disabling Ready cloud and re enabling  - this doesnt help.

Logs make it look like something is up as attached.

So far as I can tell, same error all day today but each entry has a different user against it, full log attached but one line below for info.

Mar 02 21:37:01 LMC-Fileserver rcbrokerd[7005]: ERROR:handler.cpp:1351: ERROR [syscmd:AddRemoteUserHandler] :AddRemoteUser GRCM-336-37y9sueloug failed with code=-1

NIC has a fixed IP V4 and uses Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 IPv6 disabled.

Thanks

- Its been about two days since this began and still no luck resolving, just re posting to correct forum as accidently posted to the wrong place 🙂 

Model: RN31221D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (2x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Forgot to attach the logs! Had to attach it as a PDF for some reason, wont let me do it as a text file...

Message 2 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

I have also tried leaving ready cloud and re joining with the same managment email address and a new managment email address. both result in the same result - Online - VPN disconected status, and this is with the encryption tick box on or off.

Message 3 of 25
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jonathanca14

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried accessing the NAS thru the ReadyCloud Portal? or using another PC to test the ReadyCloud App?

If you have been working with it before and suddenly experienced the issue, try to check if there have been changes on your Network settings or security as it can affect the connection but if it is not happening on other workstations then the issue might be isolated on that one PC you are using

Message 4 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the Welcome & the reply. 

I am able to access the NAS via the portal, just not through the desktop app.

I'm the admin for the NAS and it was actualy an end user who was using it that reported the faliure. this has also been confirmed by multiple other users who are all working from home on different laptops with seperate internet conections from varying ISPs.

I have also confirmed it using my laptop from my office which is again on a different Internet conection.  

I also look after several other independant Netgear RNs for other cusotmers and from my laptop can connect to theres no problem so its unlikely to be anything localy on my PC. No config has changed on the RN in question lately. 

The issue is now being investigated by Netgear Support, we have had several phone calls and it's not a config issue here so is being looked into. 

Once a resolution is found ill post back for completion so peaple know what the issue was in my case, although it sounds like we may have a bit of a unique problem!! 

Message 5 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

My organization uses ReadyCloud as well.Starting today, Wes Mar 10 2021, I recieved reports that it was connecting with the "Online (VPN disconnected)" . All users are working from home. The ReadyNAS is prorply functioning, accessible locally in the office. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, same errors. The NAS is running 6.10.4 hotfix 1, and has been up for 2 days, 13 hrs.  I rebooted on Sunday as some were complaining that it was sluggish. At that point, it had been up for 77 days, and was fine on Monday and Tuesday. No new firmware upgrades lately. No changes to the setup, no new users, no new shares, nothing.

As I can see that the ReadyNAS itself if fine, and that multiple users, in mutiple locations, can't log in, I presume that this is something on the Netgear side of the equation. I am willing and able to assist in troubleshooting if anyone at Netgear would like more/better/differnt information than I have provided here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance available.

Model: RN51661D|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 6 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Hi 

Still not resolved for me yet, but its now with developers who are looking into it. Appears to be a VPN issue.

As soon as they resolve I'll let you know but looks like there are no steps we can take aside from the ones I mentioned in my first post to try and resolve ourselves. 

Message 7 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Any updates on this?  My users are still not able to connect via ReadyCloud. It fluctuates between "VPN Disconnected" and "Offline"

Message 8 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Sadly not, had an email from a L3 support a day or so back to say they are still de bugging and will come back to me soon... 

Message 9 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Morning All,

Just to confirm issue still not yet resolved - Ive contacted support again for an update.

Thanks

Message 10 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Stilll looking for good news.  Any progress on getting this service back up and running?

Message 11 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Any word on a resolution for this issue?

Message 12 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Bump - It's been 2 weeks now.  Any progress on a solution?

Message 13 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Morning, 

Developers have been looking at this last night again, but still not resolved this morning. Still awating a solution... 

I will post as and when updates occur.

Assume no one else is back online yet?

Cheers

Message 14 of 25
NARKOSIS
Aspirant

Same issues here.  I tried tackling ReadyCLOUD a couple of years ago with the same problem.  Was hoping things would have been figured out since then, apparently not...

No problem connecting remotely via a web browser and my android app.  But "Online (VPN Disconnected)" no matter what settings I tweak/try on my home PC.  Added firewall wall exceptions for ReadyCLOUD.  Even turned it off completely first.  No difference.

Message 15 of 25
Blondie1107
Aspirant

Our antivirus stopped updating and now today all of our APP VPNs stopped working.  Nothing has changed on our end...What's going on Netgear?

Read NAS.PNG

Model: RN31441E|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Enterprise)
Message 16 of 25
PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Here we are a month later, no official response, no end in sight. When it worked, ReadyCloud was a convenient solution. RIP.

Message 17 of 25
NARKOSIS
Aspirant

Yeah don't expect much from this department of Netgear. I've been battling with them ever since our company purchased our NAS. They are either completely ignorant and/or don't care about the product they sell. At least the core function of their NAS works. Just don't expect any intelligent answers when it comes to features not working.
Message 18 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Morning All - So update of sorts...

My RN in question is now back online, netgear believe the issue was the IP Address of the VPN adaptor, its dynamicly issued but some AV's dont like it. I quiried the fact that other RN's were conecting witht the same IP on the same laptop with the same AV but they didnt fully get to the bottom of the issue other than to say it must be an issues with the PPTP tunneling / IP. 

The fix ultimalty was for Kaspersky to disable monitoring port 443 (HTTPS) in port control. When that is switched off I can access the RN.

I dont believe this to be a Kaspersky issue though as at the start of the trouble I had completly shut Kaspersky down and disabled it, also other users who were not using Kaspersky had the same fault. I was also able to access other RN's without making the above change from the same laptop.

I believe there is possibly an issue with some of the VPN IP's that are issued by there VPN server, but mine does appear to be working again.

Hope this helps someone, I'd suggest if your still strugling to create a proper support ticket and let there Tech's have a look, there is clearly something underlying here, but as mine has started working again they've closed the ticket... 

Message 19 of 25
civean
Aspirant

Hi all,

We have been using the ReadyCloud App for VPN access now for over 6 years without problems. Last week we also got the "VPN Disconnected" issue. We have several ReadyNAS models, and all show the same error. Rebooting, leaving and joining ReadyCloud etc. does not help. This has happened a two times over the years, and both times the issue was a Netgear server which needed fixing. Does anyone else have the VPN Disconnected issue right now? Since everything was working and we got this issue without changing anything (no new firmware, changes to network infrastructure etc) I really think the issue is on Netgears' side. How would we go about creating a support ticket for this? We do not have a support contract at the moment, but there must be some way to contact Netgear, or?

Very annoying issue and extremely disruptive to our company. If this issue persists we will have to look for a more stable system.

/Christer

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 20 of 25
kingkongPL
Aspirant

I have the same issuee cant log in to admin page remotly,  cant access hdd remotley VPN disconnected

Ready cloud dosent work with Apple Osx ! 

everything is ok while on same remote network on Windows Laptop. 

I cant imagen people buying Netgear if they deal with this major problem in manner they do. 

How thye want to compeat with synology?

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 21 of 25
jtclark
Aspirant

So magically today the Online/VPN Disconnected issue went away with no changes made on either end.

I only had two systems exhibiting this behavior but today I can access their Admin pages.

Message 22 of 25
bkxit
Tutor

As you say.......... As if by magic  !!!!  All working again for me too

Message 23 of 25
kingkongPL
Aspirant

On big sur dosent work no magic for me
Message 24 of 25
jonathanca14
Guide

Hi All,

Mine went down again three days ago so the Support agent who thought it was to do with an AV blocking port 443 was incorect. 

The case has been re-opened and is once again with L3 support and the developers to look into. 

I cant be any more help other than to say it is being looked into again! 

Cheers

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements