Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud PC app not working

PeterS250
Tutor

Readycloud PC app not working

I have a PC attached to the same local network as my ReadyNas device.  It appears to get the PC app to run I have to rreinstall it every time the PC gets re-booted, this cannot be right?

Having got the PC app to run I then click on a share and nothing.  Occasionally clicking on a share will start windows explorer and the share appears as a drive but more often than not nothing happens.  The only other thing that happens sometimes is that windows explorer opens and sits in the My Documents folder, which is the default folder when starting wndows explorer.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @PeterS250

Do you have any Security software that might be restricting access on the App or blocking the connection?

Try  creating exceptions for the ReadyCloud App or reinstalling it by disabling any security first.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 6
PeterS250
Tutor

No security software running and it still works the first time it is installed but not after that.

I have given up and am now using the browser interface to copy and backup files onto the NAS

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Since you are on the local lan, you can just access the NAS directly with file explorer, you don't need to use ReadyCloud.

Message 4 of 6
PeterS250
Tutor

Thank you for the response it makes sense that I do not have to use the readycloud app - I can access the NAS using the IP address but only as admin - how do I then access the shares to either upload or download files?

Thanks in advance for your help

Peter

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Enter \\nas-ip-address (or \\nas-name) in Windows File Explorer and you will see the shares.  Note the direction of the slash, // will open your browser.

Direct access to a share uses \\nas-ip-address\sharename

Windows has been tightening up on guest access, you might find it convenient to enter the NAS credentials into the Windows Credential Manager.  You can share a single NAS user account for this (or even use the NAS admin account if you are comfortable with that).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements