Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud - after creating an inital snapshot, subsquent files not appearing in backup directory

laxin213
Aspirant

Readycloud - after creating an inital snapshot, subsquent files not appearing in backup directory

Same thing happening on 2 different latops in same small office enviroment.

RN214

Windows 10 OS

Day 1 

I will make a snapshot and then sync. All the files come over everything is great. In example folder, File A and B are both backed up and viewable in ReadyNAS.

Day 2

I create File C in the example folder. I run a sync, or a backup, nothing. I cannot get file C or any other newly created files (file type .txt or word or pdf, or child folders ) to appear in the example folder that I am backing up, in the snapshots. However, the File A and B are still there and update and sync.

IS this a process issue, am I doing soemthing wrong? 

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud - after creating an inital snapshot, subsquent files not appearing in backup direc...

@laxin213

Welcome to the Community!

What firmware are you running on the RN214?

It is possible that the file might be in use. Have you tried using a different computer to test? You are using ReadyCloud am I right? or the Backup feature of the ReadyNAS? If you can send me your logs I might be able to check on what's happening.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
laxin213
Aspirant

Re: Readycloud - after creating an inital snapshot, subsquent files not appearing in backup direc...

Hello marc, 

I had the incorrect model number its a RN212. I have the latest firmware, 6.10.1 In reading other threads, I just did an OS reinstall as it is a step I have not yet taken. Issue persists. 

The files in question that are not backing up are the desktop test files: a word file, a notepad file and a test folder. You can see that other files on the desktop are not backing up as well.

I am trying to attach my log files, and the screenshots in a zip but I can not attach zip to this post. please advise

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Send @Marc_V a private message with a downloadable link to the zip (google drive, one drive, etc).  You send a PM by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.  Don't post your logs publicly.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements