Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud can't find my device readynas rndp400

alyin
Aspirant

Readycloud can't find my device readynas rndp400

Readycloud can not find the Readynas Pro 4 on the network, I bought this used readynas pro 4 long time ago, the serial number has been registered to the first owner, could it be the problem?

Also since I update the firmware to 4.2.31, I can not login the admin page anymore, use the default admin and netgear1 doesn't work. Use the password_recovery does,'t receive the email, it says the password sent to my registered email, but I don't receive the email. 

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Alan

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readycloud can't find my device readynas rndp400

@alyin wrote:

Readycloud can not find the Readynas Pro 4 on the network,

ReadyCloud only supports NAS running OS-6.  It is possible to convert your NAS to OS-6 if you wish.  Netgear doesn't support it, but many folks here have done it. The lack of support really doesn't matter in your case, since Netgear doesn't provide support for used NAS either.  The process is destructive, so you'd need to have a full backup of the files if you wish to do the conversion. 

If you do convert, I'd also recommend upgrading the Pro-4 to 2 GB of RAM - all shipping OS-6 ReadyNAS have at least 2 GB of memory.

Note it is important to verify the model of your NAS before converting it.  The Pro and Ultra can be.converted, but the NVX cannot be.

@alyin wrote:

Also since I update the firmware to 4.2.31, I can not login the admin page anymore, use the default admin and netgear1 doesn't work.

Simply updating the firmware to 4.2.31 wouldn't change the admin password.  You can reset it back to netgear1 by doing an OS reinstall via the front panel. This will also reset your network connection to use DHCP (which is the default setting).  See pages 21-22 here for instructions: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RNDU2000/ReadyNAS_Ultra_UltraPlus_NVX_Pro_HW_en_8July11....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@alyin wrote:

Readycloud can not find the Readynas Pro 4 on the network,

ReadyCloud only supports NAS running OS-6.  It is possible to convert your NAS to OS-6 if you wish.  Netgear doesn't support it, but many folks here have done it. The lack of support really doesn't matter in your case, since Netgear doesn't provide support for used NAS either.  The process is destructive, so you'd need to have a full backup of the files if you wish to do the conversion. 

If you do convert, I'd also recommend upgrading the Pro-4 to 2 GB of RAM - all shipping OS-6 ReadyNAS have at least 2 GB of memory.

Note it is important to verify the model of your NAS before converting it.  The Pro and Ultra can be.converted, but the NVX cannot be.

@alyin wrote:

Also since I update the firmware to 4.2.31, I can not login the admin page anymore, use the default admin and netgear1 doesn't work.

Simply updating the firmware to 4.2.31 wouldn't change the admin password.  You can reset it back to netgear1 by doing an OS reinstall via the front panel. This will also reset your network connection to use DHCP (which is the default setting).  See pages 21-22 here for instructions: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RNDU2000/ReadyNAS_Ultra_UltraPlus_NVX_Pro_HW_en_8July11....

Message 2 of 3
alyin
Aspirant

Thanks millions!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements