Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud migration and Firmware update

RichardSPC
Aspirant

Readycloud migration and Firmware update

Hi guys,

I have had the same email that others have had regarding migration of Readycloud account to a single Netgear account.

I have ceased using Readycloud for access due to inconsistencies with connections and now do things via Filezila with no issues.

Is it essential that I change to the Netgeat account? and what about the firmware update?.

When I bought my unit back in 2013 I set things up without a problem and the following year had notification of a firmware update. Duly updated and it screwed things up so much that the only way I could get access to the NAS was to roll back to 6.20. Since that bad experience I have not done any updates as things are working fine for my purposes. I would rather not update if I don't have to.

Look forward to hearing replies.

Richard

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud migration and Firmware update

If you don't use ReadyCLOUD then you wouldn't need to install the firmware update straightaway or upgrade your ReadyCLOUD account to a SSO account.

However running such an old firmware as 6.2.0 you are missing a number of enhancements, bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you don't use ReadyCLOUD then you wouldn't need to install the firmware update straightaway or upgrade your ReadyCLOUD account to a SSO account.

However running such an old firmware as 6.2.0 you are missing a number of enhancements, bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.

Message 2 of 6
RichardSPC
Aspirant

Thank you mdgm. That is what I thought but wanted to check. I am not overly bothered about the bells and whistles enhancements as I simply use it for storage.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@RichardSPC wrote:

I simply use it for storage.

There are some enhancements to storage which might be of interest.  

-disk quotas for each share

-custom snapshot configurations

Perhaps browse the release notes for 6.4.x and 6.5 beta.

Message 4 of 6
uzs4w2
Aspirant

Hi,

short question. I got the mail to migrate to the new ReadyCloud and to upgrade the Firmare of my NAS to 6.5.0

Any idea how to upgrade if 4.2.2 is the latest availabvle ?????

Thanks for any idea and best,

Alex

Model: ReadyNASRNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

ReadyCloud is only for OS6 (not OS 4.2).

Netgear doesn't support OS6 on your ultra plus, but it is possible to install it.  There are instructions in the forum is you are interested.  The process destroys all your data, so you will need a full backup.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements