Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud not discovering new files

DavidCXX
Aspirant

Readycloud not discovering new files

Hi there, I am having a problem with my readynas RN104 in that when I save new files and folders to it they aren't showing up on readycloud. I can see them if I access the readynas via the home network with a pc, but not via readycloud or media players. This has happened in the past and I've solved it by rescanning the readynas but that isn't working this time. I have the latest firmware update, no other issues.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DavidCXX,

You may try leaving and then rejoining the NAS to the Readycloud. Please check if those new files will show up. 

Note: Before you leave from Readycloud, please backup your Readycloud user's home folder data if your Readycloud user have home folders.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
DavidCXX
Aspirant

Hi - I left readycloud and can't now access the readynas at all. I tried to log in to netgear and discover it but it just keeps asking me for my log in credentials despite using what I know are the correct log in and password - please help, thanks.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Can you get in with https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the actual address of the NAS)?

Message 4 of 9
DavidCXX
Aspirant

No - this is how I had already tried - it asks me for my log in and password (which are already populated) - either using this or putting them in again doesn't work and it continually asks me for my log in credentials. If I leave them blank it syas password recovery has not been set on this device. Any help would be appreciated, as I now can't do anything with the NAS box.

Message 5 of 9
DavidCXX
Aspirant

I expect that you will ask me to factory reset - will this make any difference? Also the data on the readynas is over the only 5tb external drive I have to back up before doing that so any other ideas would really be appreciated.

Message 6 of 9
DavidCXX
Aspirant

Ok - sorry an OS reinstall and got in via reset log in. Just checking to see if this has has any impact on the original problem of new files not showing, thanks.

Message 7 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DavidCXX,

You may rejoin your NAS to the Readycloud and check if you will now be able to detect the new files and folders on Readycloud.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

No - this is how I had already tried - it asks me for my log in and password (which are already populated) - either using this or putting them in again doesn't work and it continually asks me for my log in credentials. 

Are you using admin as the username and the NAS admin password?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements