Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 314 shows up in network but can't access it

Beruthial
Aspirant

Readynas 314 shows up in network but can't access it

Hi I am having trouble accessing my Readynas from any of my computers, all running up to date windows 10. Was working ok when I last accessed it a few weeks ago. The nas shows up in the network in windows explorer but when I click on it fails and the error message says 'error code 0x80070035 Network path not found'  I can still access the nas from the cloud. Thanks for  any help.

Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
Hopchen
Prodigy

Heya,

The problem is likely related to what was mentioned earlier in the thread, about the readycloud email being the same as your microsoft account email. When you access the NAS (without submitting specific user credentials), then the PC will send its microsoft account name as the login name. This is a problem since that email (user name) is the same as your readycloud email. The NAS will accept any readycloud users to connect locally over SMB. Even if anonymous access is enabled on the share.

I don't think it matters whether you turn off readycloud or not.

Can try and map a network drive in windows and specify specific credentails when mapping it? Use the admin user's crendentials.

Have a look at this thread here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/No-Network-Access-To-Shares-After-Upgrade-To-6-...

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 19

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What happens if you enter \\nasipaddress in file explorer (using the real IP address of course)?

Message 2 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

Hi. When I type it in the address line it opens a connect to box. I type in the admin logon details and comes up with "Windows cannot access \\ 192...... Check the spelling of the name. Otherwises there might be a problem with your network etc.

Thanks

Message 3 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm if there's a similar e-mail address that is registered to ReadyCLOUD and used by a local ReadyNAS user?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

Hi there yes there are two local computers with the same email address as the readycloud account

Message 5 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

I changed the two user accounts email to different to the Ready Cloud account. Still can't access it

Message 6 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

You may want to turn off/on the ReadyCLOUD service under the cloud tab (don't click the Leave button) and restart the affected PCs.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

Tried this on 4 computers, including one that hadn't been udated since 21.4.16. Didn't work. Could not access the NAS from any computer. Seems to have started when updated the NAS drivers. Is there any way of rolling them back?. Have turned on ReadyCloud again as it is the only way I can actually access the NAS. This is a total pita and renders the NAS useless in my home network as I can't upload or download anything to it directly without accessing the cloud.

Message 8 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

On two of my computers, not sure why it won't work on the other, when I right clicked network and then map network drive and then enter the ip address, it then brought up the file directory of the nas and let me map the folders I wanted.

Then listed under network I had the NAS listed twice, once with the ip address and one with the name. But when I click on the name icon it says not found and I cannot seem to remove it. The name still works as under media devices it shows up as the name and works when I click on it.

Any suggestions why this is and how to correct the dual listing in windows explorer and why I can't get the ip address to work on another computer that is using the same windows version.

Thanks

Message 9 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

HI Brian this is a screen shot of the windows explorer of the computer I can't get the ip address mapping option to work. I can access the NAS under a 'named' option in quick access via the media player option of Elrond's Library, but the Elrond's Library icon in Network does not work.

The other computers have another entry under Network with the ip address listing 192..... as well as the named version of Elrond's Library

Rivendell screen shot.JPG

Message 10 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

Does this happen to all your shares? Check if resetting the permission would help. Lastly, if you will turn off completely the ReadyCLOUD service, does it make a difference in accessing your shares via \\NAS-IP or mapping it through windows explorer? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 19
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 12 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

Hi yes this happens to all my shares. Turning off Readycloud made no difference to accessing the NAS. I haven't had a chance to reset permissions as about to go away for three weeks. I will try on my return home. Thanks for all the help so far and I will report back on my return.

Thanks Chris

Message 13 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

You're welcome. Kindly update this thread once you're done resetting the permissions of your shares.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

I have reset my permissions on my pictures and document shares, but it has made no difference. I can only access the NAS through the media player and I can only upload files through the readycloud portal or admin page, which is a major pita as I have lots of photos to upload from my holidays.

Additionally when I went to reset permissions for my music and video shares, this error came up "folder operation failed - cannot set file access. Check if specified user or group exists. facl_change fail uid=99 gid=99  code 1007130001

Message 15 of 19
Hopchen
Prodigy

Heya,

The problem is likely related to what was mentioned earlier in the thread, about the readycloud email being the same as your microsoft account email. When you access the NAS (without submitting specific user credentials), then the PC will send its microsoft account name as the login name. This is a problem since that email (user name) is the same as your readycloud email. The NAS will accept any readycloud users to connect locally over SMB. Even if anonymous access is enabled on the share.

I don't think it matters whether you turn off readycloud or not.

Can try and map a network drive in windows and specify specific credentails when mapping it? Use the admin user's crendentials.

Have a look at this thread here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/No-Network-Access-To-Shares-After-Upgrade-To-6-...

Cheers

Message 16 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

Hi again I was able to map the network drives using NAS name and logging in with my windows user credentials. I can now directly access the NAS through it's name listed under Network. I will try setting up all the other computers tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's help 🙂

Message 17 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Beruthial,

Thanks for the feedback. Just update this thread and mark it closed once you're done testing it in all your PCs.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 18 of 19
Beruthial
Aspirant

All pc log into NAS now. It turned out I needed to use my microsoft account log in name (not email address) and password

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements