Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 316 READYCloud fails after 6.10.1 upgrade

thierman
Aspirant

Readynas 316 READYCloud fails after 6.10.1 upgrade

Frustrated after upgrading to 6.10.1. ReadyCloud worked fine until upgrade. Ever since I tried to upgrade it no longer is able to make a connection to my NAS. I'm using an iPAD IOS version 12.3.1 ReadyCloud Version 2.0.4, (2055). I've uninstalled, downloaded and re-installed and now all I get when I try to connect to my nas is a big white screen and the message. "ERROR Unexpected response from server"

Any attempts to contact support so far have been in vain. I've offered to send them a wireshark capture of the communication between ipad and NAS, no response from support. I've offered to install a debug version of READYCloud. No response....

My warning to anyone thinking about buying a ReadyNAS box. THink twice. After you shell out the money, good luck getting help if something goes wrong. I've been a loyal supporter of readyNas since I bought my First NV+. But now, I'm thinking never again. Ever since they became part of NetGear support for the box has dropped. I'm hoping this posting is my last attempt to get some help on the matter.

After which I will look to other products.

Hoping someone has a run into this, and has a suggestion. I've even created a seperate login to ReadyCloud using a different email than the one I used to use. Same problem...

Maybe it's something to do with the Ipad, but without any diagnostic tools or debug from ReadyCloud or help from support, I'm blind to be able to figure out what is going on.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 316 READYCloud fails after 6.10.1 upgrade

@thierman

Have you tried accessing ReadyCloud through the portal or through the Desktop App (Windows or Mac)? You should be able to see your NAS and shares when logged in. If not, kindly check the NAS if Internet and Services are available it is under the Cloud Tab.

You may also want to try toggling the ReadyCloud service on/off on the NAS. ReadyCloud is working fine on my NAS which has 6.10.1 too.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 8
thierman
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes. I should have indicated it works from the web portal. I will try turning it off and on at the ready NAS level to see if that works. Anything is worth’s try.
Message 3 of 8
thierman
Aspirant

Hi Again,

Tried turning ReadyCloud off and on again on the NAS. No success, same problem... Also tested on my Iphone, same issue. Though it at least displays what files are there. It just can't backup, says "Waiting on server" which is what the Ipad did prior to support suggesting I uninstall and reinstall the ReadyCloud app.

What version of IOS is on your phone? I'm running 12.3.1

Message 4 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@thierman

I also have 12.3.1 on my IP5s and I'm not getting any issues. Have you tried leaving ReadyCloud instead of just turning it off then join the NAS again? You may also want to check on the Network settings to make sure that a DNS server has been added like google DNS (8.8.8.8)

Kindly send me the full logs so we can also check.

HTH

Regards

Message 5 of 8
thierman
Aspirant

Sadly. This problem is still unresolved.

Wondering who else is seeing this problem.

Message 6 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

回复: Readynas 316 READYCloud fails after 6.10.1 upgrade

Hi @thierman

Can you connect to the webportal? Are you all clients not connected to ReadyNAS?

Message 7 of 8
kbkb
Aspirant

回复: Readynas 316 READYCloud fails after 6.10.1 upgrade

Any news on this topic?

I have the same problem.

ReadyNAS 104 Firmware 6.10.2

iPhone 6SE & iPhone11 with ReadyCloud App Version 2.0.4, (2055)

When I try to connect via app I can choose my NAS and then I receive the message "Error - Unexpected response from server". I already tried to deinstall and reinstall the app on the phone, disconnect and reconnect the NAS from ReadyCloud and disable encryption. Problem persists.

Connection with Android App Version 2.0.4 and the connection with the webportal work fine.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements