Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Recently updated firmware on RN104 now users not able to backup pics from phone with Rcloud

424User
Tutor

Recently updated firmware on RN104 now users not able to backup pics from phone with Rcloud

I use the ReadyNAS 104 for my family to backup photos.  I made sure everyone had a mynetgear.com account upgrade and they were able to access/backup their photos.  The firmware up for 6.5.2 was available so I went ahead and updated.  I was not connecting from my phone, i logged out and back in, seemed to work fine.  My wife asked me to troubleshoot her phone and I could not see the Readynas.  i've logged her out and back in.  Deleted readycloud and reinstalled on the phone.  created new folders in readynas and invited her.  No success.  Can you please let me know how to add my family members back in.    

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recently updated firmware on RN104 now users not able to backup pics from phone with Rcloud

Hello 424User,

Please check if her account can still see the NAS when logged in via ReadyCloud portal which is readycloud.netgear.com. If she is not able to see the NAS under Home, backup the data she has in her home share using admin account. Then login your own account that has admin rights to ReadyCloud portal, under Manage you should be able to see her account added, remove it then re-add under Home tab.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
DimitrisN
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I've done it twice... 😞 I updated the firmware to 6.6.0 and i done it again... Doesn't work for me 😞

Any other suggestions?

Dimitris

RN104

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DimitrisN,

I'm sorry but I think you are in a wrong thread.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
424User
Tutor

Thanks Jenn,

I copied files to another folder but didn't change the name of the folder ( i believe this was giving me issues).  Deleted her old account and created new one.  I had to to this a couple of times as it kept failing.  I renamed the folder to something else and finally this solution worked.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 424User,

Thank you for coming back and posting the solution/work around you did. I am glad it works now.

To close this thread, please mark one of the posts as accepted solution.

Please feel free to post any suggestions, comments or questions. We appreciate your contribution to the community.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
jjnm
Aspirant

Hi there why when you people do an update I have to spend hours trying to connect my devices again. I'm ready to throw this unit in the trash. My media backup does not work, my bose sound touch cant read my music files any more.

Message 7 of 8
DimitrisN
Aspirant

Hi there... Remove any users... RENAME the name of the share and give them access again... For the the admin just RENAME the share
Will work directly. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements