Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SMB for Readycloud folder permissons not matching setup

tripz0011
Aspirant

SMB for Readycloud folder permissons not matching setup

For the local setup I have created a user group which can access a parent folder and all its children. (Lets call it Folder A)

When using Readycloud, I setup a persmission to the same folder, with the same person. Gave them a FULL permission link (read/write) to the same folder, and 70% of the child files and folders do not show up.

This seems to be a huge bug.. as admin I can see all this data, so its not a sync issue, its a permission issue. See this pop up a lot, is there a fix to this?

Latest version of Firmware 6.9.3

I use SMB only (no AFP)

I went onto forums, and found Netgear options where it works 100%.

Tried to turn on / off readycloud.

No way am I making it anomouys connection. Its why its SMB.

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

One approach is to allow everyone full access in the file permissions tab, and put the access controls only on the network access tab.

That still controls access (since the intersection of file permissions and share access is what determines the access rights).

Message 2 of 4
tripz0011
Aspirant

I Kinda had that already, however I removed everyone from network and added everyone to file access.

The problem is that some folders show files, others show empty. Albiet there are a lot of folders but its just how the company process is.

So a child folder a few down will show nothing(files), but one of the same level will.

Seems like its not picking up permissions in some child folders, but all permission levels are the same.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

You might need to reset the file permissions/ownership, and see if that helps.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements