Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up ReadyCLOUD

GavinMerwin
Aspirant

Setting up ReadyCLOUD

Hi there, 

We use the ReadyNas 102 verison 6.2.4 as our network storage. On the admin page (by typing the host name/IP in a browser) under "Accounts" we set up users. I'm interested in using the Cloud Tab features such as ReadyCLOUD and ReadyNAS Remote. When I attemp to turn on ReadyCLOUD, it asks for a Name and PW. When I enter the name and PW I use to access on my local machine, it won't take it. So I hit "Create an Account" and I created a Netgear Cloud account using my email and a different password. However, whenever I enter this in the Name and PW box that pops up whenever I turn on ReadyCLOUD, I receive the message "Local user with the same name already exists. Please change local or ReadyCLOUD username." 

I've went to my Cloud profile and changed it to a fake name just to see if it would work and I get the same message. I also get this message when trying to use the  local account. 

Any ideas on how to get the ReadyCLOUD setup so I can access my files when I'm not in the office. Lastly, the ReadyREMOTE says it uses a VPN. Will we have to make changes to our firewall appliance and if not, is the connection encrypted when accesing NAS files remotely? 

Thanks for your help! 

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setting up ReadyCLOUD

Hi @GavinMerwin

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCloud now uses your MyNETGEAR Account to sign in to the service. I would suggest to finish updating your ReadyNAS before using the ReadyCloud service and login using your MyNETGEAR Account. If what you have is not a MyNETGEAR Account you may want to upgrade it. You can check the FAQs here.

Yes ReadyCloud uses VPN and is secured, you may need to make changes to your firewall if it is not allowing any incoming connections and also your Security software installed on your computers.

You should be able to setup your ReadyCloud once you have updated to the latest firmware. 

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setting up ReadyCLOUD

Hi @GavinMerwin

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCloud now uses your MyNETGEAR Account to sign in to the service. I would suggest to finish updating your ReadyNAS before using the ReadyCloud service and login using your MyNETGEAR Account. If what you have is not a MyNETGEAR Account you may want to upgrade it. You can check the FAQs here.

Yes ReadyCloud uses VPN and is secured, you may need to make changes to your firewall if it is not allowing any incoming connections and also your Security software installed on your computers.

You should be able to setup your ReadyCloud once you have updated to the latest firmware. 

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements