Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sharing with remote users - Readyshare Share Button Not Visible

mckaycomm
Follower

Sharing with remote users - Readyshare Share Button Not Visible

Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and the Nighthawk AC2300. I've updated the firmware on the Nighthawk so it is up-to-date. I've also set up Readyshare and everything seems in order except...

• When I follow the FAQ for How do I use ReadyCLOUD to allow or remove share access for remote users? | Answer | NETGEAR Support, I've done everything as instructed up to the subhead "To invite a remote user:". 
  • Step 3 says "Hover your mouse over the share you want to invite a user to." and Step 4 says "Click the blue icon with the + sign.".
  • As you can see from the following screengrab, I'm not seeing any "blue icon with the + sign". I've been working on this for a couple of hours and searched the forums/community and have come up empty. readycloud.JPG

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Sharing with remote users - Readyshare Share Button Not Visible

This area is for ReadyCloud running on ReadyNAS devices, not routers.  You will probably have better luck getting answers in the proper forum area.

Message 2 of 4
theClaw56
Aspirant

Did anyone ever give a useful answer to this question?  I am experiencing the exact same behavior.  Is this something that doesn't work with the R7000?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi theClaw56,

Welcome to the Community!

The feature of inviting other ReadyCLOUD users to access the folder is only available on ReadyNAS devices. It is not available on the routers.

You can also share a folder by creating a web link. You can accomplish that by right-clicking a specific folder then select the 'Create Web Link'.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements