Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Too many different Netgear usernames

depasseg
Aspirant

Too many different Netgear usernames

It seems like every cloud/support/genie part of Netgear has a different username and password. There should be 1 and it should work across Genie, ReadyCloud, Replicate, Support, registration, everything Netgear.

The fact that ReadyCloud and the Genie App store use different logins is crazy.
Message 1 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Too many different Netgear usernames

Yes, single sign-on is a must with that many services.
Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

It might be helpful to have a separate one for apps purchase and tech support, but generally I agree. Single sign-on and a unified portal are both needed for this to really work for users.

And this should be for all cloud services for all netgear products, not just the readynas.
Message 3 of 6
Nick_Knatterton
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
Yes, single sign-on is a must with that many services.

Youre so right,
these people making a big confusion in my home and head.
And Why do they even use 2 forums !! for their different NAS users, but its very hard to find this her again: they're hiding this, it seems.

And: No manual in my language is also a sreious problem for me and many germans.
Message 4 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

The ReadyNAS forums have been around since 2004, long before NETGEAR bought Infrant in 2007. The legacy forum software the main NTGR forums run cannot import/migrate this site easily, so it was kept separate.

Over time, different management has tried to get rid of this site. First they started pruning older posts on here (half the OSX sub-forum is gone). All the useful blog entries and articles are also deleted now on the homepage, leaving a ton of 404 errors. And as some noticed, readynas.com actually expired today, they had to rush to restore it.
Message 5 of 6
bige1
Aspirant

I agree todally and the usernames are a big problem between ReadyNas Remote and ReadyCloud.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements