Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to Invite ReadyCloud Users with 6.2.0

aarak055
Aspirant

Unable to Invite ReadyCloud Users with 6.2.0

Hi, After the upgrade to 6.2.0 on my ReadyNAS RN104, my readycloud users where unable to connect to my readynas. I was able remove the users from my readycould, however the "invite user" button is completely missing.

I've followed the online tutorial on the Netgear KB (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22871/~/how-do-i-add-readycloud-users-to-my-readynas-o... but the invite button is simply missing. The only option is to delete users (which there aren't any left after trying trying to troubleshoot why my users are no longer able to connect after the upgrade, even on my local LAN).

Message 1 of 9
x219c
Luminary

Try logging in via readycloud.netgear.com There are some share options there where you can invite a new user to a share.
Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same problem, followed the tutorial and my invite user button is also missing. Tried via readycloud.netgear.com but no luck so far.
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We removed the “Invite User” button from the Manage page in ReadyCLOUD web portal, we use Share option for invitation now.
I attached some screenshots for how to invite a ReadyCLOUD user. It’s similar for both an exist user and a mail box hasn’t registered to ReadyCLOUD.
The steps just like this:
1. Select a share you want to share, right click. Then click the "Share" button.
2. Enter the email address that registered to ReadyCLOUD or want to register to ReadyCLOUD
3. If there's already a ReadyCLOUD account, select the account, and click "Add"
4. Choose the permission read only or read/write
5. Finish
6. The invitee will receive an invitation, click "this link"
7. Confirm the invitation
8. The invitee only can see the shares that you shared to him and his home folder
9. If you want to stop sharing with the invitee, you can delete his account in "Manage" page "Users" list
10. If you want to share more folders with the invitee, you can select the share folder, click "Share" button
Message 4 of 9
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Due to the lack of official documentation so far I threw together a guide on how to invite users in the new ReadyCloud, see: http://www.hexnet.se/readycloud-inviting-a-user-to-readynas-6-2-0/

Maybe it will be useful to someone 🙂

Edit: As per mdgm's link below, official KB has been updated now!
Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for the Link mdgm, The kb 22871 that I printed out on 25/11/2014 was the Old very different one.
And a nice tutorial too Danthem, have bookmarked that site. Cheers
Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The article was updated recently.
Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have printed out the New version for future reference, its a real shame though that its not possible to share entire Subfolders.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements