Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to get ReadyNAS with Dropbox going

zhenya
Aspirant

Unable to get ReadyNAS with Dropbox going

I am trying to setup my ReadyNAS to sync with Dropbox. It goes fine through first few screen, connects to Dropbox, but this is where it ends. 

I am prompted with Dropbox - Session window. When Clicking Cloud Storage Path the system attempts for few minutes but times out with "Failed to List Dropbox directories. Failed to list directory from server"

Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to get ReadyNAS with Dropbox going

@zhenya

Have you checked if you have any firewall on your PC that can limit the access? Or any security software you may have.

You can try to use another browser or PC and retry creating a Dropbox sync. Adding DNS server addresses on your NAS NIC might help as well.

HTH

Message 2 of 8
leecronin
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. It is serious. Dropbox USED to work and then suddenly my account stoped. I checked with another dropbox to my readynas and that is ok. I cannot work out what is wrong with my dropbox that is preventing the root directory to be listed. This is seriously messing up my workflow.

I need help.

Thanks.

Lee

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 3 of 8
WilfredReurink
Aspirant

I experience exactly the same problem since a week or so. It used to work perfectly.

Please help.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 4 of 8
sk_j
Aspirant

I noted only certain files/folders updating on my dropbox (all synchronisation complete) when editing / moving files and folders on my ReadyNAS 2304. Tried to re-setup the dropbox sync but the 'Cloud Storage Path' just returns an error - "failed to list dropbox directories" (see below screenshot).

Anyone managed to solve this yet? I note the majority of these are from the tail end of this year, has something changed between ReadyNAs and Dropbox. I have tried different browsers, clearing cookies, restarting the NAS and spoken with Dropbox, and they have sent me over to ReadyNAS as they do not have an answer.

Thanks!Screenshot 2020-12-21 115647.jpg

Message 5 of 8
zhenya
Aspirant

Contact Netgear support and ask to be transferred to Level 2.

It took some time but they were able to resolve it for me. the issue was the number of directories and their system timed out. Try upgrading to the latest firmware, possibly the change that was done is already released.

Message 6 of 8
sk_j
Aspirant

I'll give that go. Thank you for the reply.

Message 7 of 8
sk_j
Aspirant

Just an update.

This was solved via a firmware update and a reboot.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements