Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to see share names

jaffacake
Tutor

Unable to see share names

ReadyNAS 316, OS 6.2.0

I'm now using ReadyCLOUD to backup some local PC files. It creates a new share on my NAS for every local folder I backup. The new share name is prefixed by my machine name and then a hyphen. This leads to some long share names.

Problem is the OS6 only shows a limited amount of the share name. I can't see the difference between the names.

All I see for each one is "SILENTBOB-" and it isn't possible to differentiate without going to the "Browse" view.

Any solution for this? It's quite a UI limitation.

Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Unable to see share names

I noticed the same with my Local Backups, its a real pain as I have to open each one to see whats inside.
Message 2 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

I have noticed this as well. But, you can just hover your mouse on the share and you should be able to see the full name.
Message 3 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Could you post the backup job settings, particularly what you have set as the destination.
What is the share name on the nas that is the destination?
Message 4 of 6
jaffacake
Tutor

Nhellie wrote:
I have noticed this as well. But, you can just hover your mouse on the share and you should be able to see the full name.

Hovering over the big folder icon doesn't work. You have to hover over the small, truncated title. Even then, it takes a few seconds to appear. You can only view one at a time.

As a user experience, it's pretty painful and could have been implemented better. The massive folder icons offer no value, only the title is of use and it's truncated.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Overall I expect they are trying to size the UI so its tolerable on both mobile devices and PCs. It doesn't quite work, you end up with issues on both.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements