Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upload from iOS via ReadyCLOUD app

viaumaster
Initiate

Upload from iOS via ReadyCLOUD app

This may be more of an iOS question, but here goes:

I have a ReadyNAS 314 and I'm using an iPhone 6 and/or iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3 with Netgear's ReadyCLOUD app installed. I want to be able to upload individual files from iOS (mainly pictures and videos) using the ReadyCLOUD app. I do not wish to enable the Media Backup feature, but rather I'd like to be able to pick and choose which files I transfer to the NAS.

At first, I assumed this functionality was simply beyond the capabilities of the ReadyCLOUD app, but I recently discovered that it is possible to upload individual files from within the iOS Messages app. Once you send or receive a picture or video in Messages, you can simply click the share icon and choose 'Open in RCLOUD'. This launches the ReadyCLOUD app and I'm able to select the exact upload location. Works perfectly! Problem is, I don't see the 'Open in RCLOUD' option available elsewhere in iOS (Photos, Mail, etc.) and I can't seem to find a way to add it. I'd really like to be able to use this feature to upload pics/vids without first having to send them to someone in a message.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone know if it's possible to add 'Open in RCLOUD' to apps other than Messages? Seems odd that it would work so well in one app, yet be unavailable in others. I'm hoping it's just something I'm missing. Thanks in advance for any info on this issue!

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements