Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upload logs for ReadyCloud, is there a way to see upload and download information of files?

Kewskills
Aspirant

Upload logs for ReadyCloud, is there a way to see upload and download information of files?

It would be nice if there is away to see who is uploading, downloading and deleting files while using the readycloud, I  can not see any logs in regard to this, any help would be appreciated.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Upload logs for ReadyCloud, is there a way to see upload and download information of files?

@JohnCM_S wrote:

May I know the firmware of your NAS? The Audit logging feature was added on firmware 6.10.0.

@Kewskills - it's also not available on the RN100 series.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upload logs for ReadyCloud, is there a way to see upload and download information of files?

Hi Kewskills,

You can enable Audit logging on the local admin page of the NAS. This should provide logs for login attempts, reads, writes and deletes on the shared folders (including the ReadyCLOUD users). You may enable this by going to System> Settings> Services.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kewskills,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Kewskills
Aspirant

Thankyou for the reply, there is no option for enabling auditing anywhere I can find, evn the location you have pointed out. I have attched screenshot of the location you suggested???

Message 4 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kewskills,

May I know the firmware of your NAS? The Audit logging feature was added on firmware 6.10.0.

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@JohnCM_S wrote:

@Kewskills - it's also not available on the RN100 series.

Message 6 of 8
Kewskills
Aspirant

Ah ok I se it's not available for my NAS as it's a RN100 series, typical.

thanks for the info.

i think it's time to get a newer NAS and probably a synology NAS as that has this function on all models.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

The RN100 is discontinued now, and was an entry-level platform - unfortunately it doesn't have enough memory to support all the OS6 features any more.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements