Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant access my http://readycloud.netgear.com site

tomiaurednik
Tutor

User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

Netgear RN10400 , fw: 6.6.0, 2 x 1TB, RAID 1.

User has been Auto deleted - all data lost. Can not acces local user home dir?!?

Can someone check this?  Or tell me, in which log can I check this. Which log file should I look to see from which IP was launched this operation?

How to get data from lost home dir. You can send linux commands ...

clipping from the readycloud.log

Mar 27 09:05:21 nas-soha rcbrokerd[2577]: ../common/unregister.h:62 DEBUG:../common/unregister.h:62 Unregister

Mar 27 09:05:27 nas-soha rcbrokerd[12023]: ../common/unregister.h:62 DEBUG:../common/unregister.h:62 Unregister

system logs : image below (event is marked)

screenshot.PNG

One year it's working fine. Maybe the problem is that it has been previously created a local user with the same e-mail. Local user tino.sosteric exist until yesterday but is now gone with his home folder.

Any help will be appreciated.

Br,

Tomi 

Model: ReadyNAS-1000S|ReadyNAS-1000S
Message 6 of 707

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas showing as 'offline' even though its online

Please if you haven't already. Have a read of Having ReadyCLOUD problems since 3/30/17?

This announcement has been updated over time.

I'm going to mark this as the solution to make sure those visiting this thread see this post.

View solution in original post

Message 586 of 707

All Replies
brightsky
Aspirant

Delete Cloud User impossible

Hi,

I have a 2 ReadyNas 104's and a 102 on my home network, on one of the 104's I have a couple of cloud users I want to remove, when I try to remove in the device admin, it says i can't because i have to use readyCloud to do so, but when i go to ready cloud it wont even show the users or shares for this device, it just constantly refreshes and shows nothing, the other 2 devices work fine.

When i select the device, it just shows the other devices in the detail panel.

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 13.53.56.png

And now selected:

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 13.54.05.png

It's just impossible to do anything.

Model: RN10441D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 707
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Delete Cloud User impossible

Hello brightsky

to delete ReadyCLOUD user in ReadyCLOUD web portal,you will have 2 options to do so

1)in web portal,click Manage>device icon,all of you invited users will be listed here,you can also delete them here.

2)backup all the data from home share(if you need data of home users) and unregister ReadyCLOUD service,this operation will remove all the ReadyCLOUD accounts information,shared links,data in /home.

I'm expecting your reply and confirm if you can resolve the  issue.

Message 2 of 707
brightsky
Aspirant

Both of these did not work, firstly as I mentioned before selecting the NAS in Manage does nothing, doesn't even show the shares:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 12.14.38.png

So I then followed your second choice, and now I cant do anything, I unregistered from the readycloud service, removed all the users and now when I try to turn on Readycloud I get this error:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 12.16.51.png

I have to say, this software is so poorly tested.

Thanks for your help so far.

Iain

Message 3 of 707
brightsky
Aspirant

And before anyone asks, there are no users on the device with my account name!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 12.37.50.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 12.37.41.png

Message 4 of 707
Retired_Member
Not applicable

PM sent

Message 5 of 707
Issovits
Aspirant

Betreff: User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

Hi.

I've got the same problem with my NAS. When I came home today i wanted to do some work and store it on my nas (back from the external hdd).

I noticed that my home dir was gone and i found a log-entry 'User deleted'. The same problem goes for my second NAS.

Due to some problems a while ago i had to factory reset my NAS-Systems not only once, so no data is gone because there was no data exept snapshots of an empty home dir ( only on RN104).

Both NAS running 6.6.1 with same configuration.

Why are my cloud user acc was erased?

Why isn't home dir created after registering the acc on the nas again? (only RN204)

Why is only RN104 making snapshots?

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless),RN20400|4BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 7 of 707
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you unregister the ReadyNAS from ReadyCLOUD, it deletes the ReadyCLOUD users from the NAS, as well as their home folders.

Message 8 of 707
jak0lantash
Mentor

As I remembered, I just checked, and there is a warning about this: https://i.imgur.com/7oAANen.png

Message 9 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If your data is important you should have a backup to restore from.

Message 10 of 707
nbmt
Guide

Now that is interesting!

I have been unable to log on to my ReadyNas today from ReadyCloud as it says my system is offline. So I VPN'd into my network and logged on to the NAS as admin and re-booted it. After re-booting it I was still unable to see the system via ReadyCloud. So I checked the logs and found the below:-

Thu Mar 30 2017 10:49:03 Account: User 'jsxyz@xyz.com' was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:49:02 Account: User 'jad@xyz.com' was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:49:00 Account: User 'aexyz@xyz.com' was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:48:53 Account: User 'meaxyz@xyz.com' was deleted.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:48:36 System: Fan CPU in enclosure Internal speed is below threshold. (0 rpm).
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:48:06 System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:47:09 Volume: Less than 30% of volume data's capacity is free. NETGEAR recommends that you add capacity to maintain current performance levels. Continuous protection snapshots will be deleted when volume free space is less than 5%.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:45:24 System: The system is rebooting.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:03:57 Snapshot: Snapshot prune worker successfully deleted snapshot 2017_03_28__10_00_15 from share or LUN Docs.
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:03:57 System: Fan CPU in enclosure Internal speed is below threshold. (0 rpm).
Thu Mar 30 2017 10:00:11 Miscellaneous: Snapshot c_1490864410 was successfully created for share or LUN Docs.
Thu Mar 30 2017 9:03:13 Snapshot: Snapshot prune worker successfully deleted snapshot 2017_03_28__09_00_29 from share or LUN Docs.
Thu Mar 30 2017 9:03:13 System: Fan CPU in enclosure Internal speed is below threshold. (0 rpm).
Thu Mar 30 2017 9:00:09 Miscellaneous: Snapshot c_1490860808 was successfully created for share or LUN Docs

I then looked at the "Cloud" section to find the "ReadyCloud" option was now toggled to "Off".

No-one else has access to this system to administer it and in fact no-one else was even in the building at the time.

Is this yet another case of problems with Netgear's cloud servers? This has happenned several times before and was attributed to their servers and the database used to make ReadyCloud function.

Hence why I have given up on using the home folders, and have instead created folders on the root for each individual user!

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 11 of 707
Tore1
Tutor

Cant access my http://readycloud.netgear.com site

Hi

When i go to https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/welcome.html i click signin.

That mostly works - but not allways..

When it works:

When i then click the nas in the Home tab, it says the nas is offline.

I have restarted the nas ½ hour ago, its working fine. I can acces files from it, from windows file explorer or from my TV.

What should i do?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 12 of 707
tomiaurednik
Tutor

Hi,

Nobody did anything. This is exactly the problem. In which  log file can I find out who initiated this action?

Tx for help,

Br,

Tomi

Message 13 of 707
nbmt
Guide

No neither can I! It won't allow me to even recover my password, and comes back with an error:-

"There was an error recovering the password.

Please retry.

java.net.UnknownHostException: directory.ngxcld.com"

And this has coincided with my ReadyNas deleting cloud users, cloud users home directories and toggling the "ReadyCloud" option to "OFF" Is this another Netgear Server database issue?

Message 14 of 707
Inuiet
Aspirant

Hi,

The same problem here. Cannot login my R7000 readycloud anymore. And also i cannot change my pw.

Message 15 of 707
nbmt
Guide

I have just called Tech Support and they are aware there is an issue with ReadyCloud and they are working on it.

Basically your NAS "chats" with the ReadyCloud servers. If however your NAS can not be found on their database, due to whatever reason, then the NAS seems to toggle the "ReadyCloud" option to "OFF" and proceeds to dump the cloud users and their "Home Drives".

ReadyCloud.PNG

Message 16 of 707
Damia
Guide

Same here my accounts has been delated somhow cant make new 1 also when trying to contact support via chat it returns server fatal error

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 17 of 707
nbmt
Guide

I have just called Tech Support and they are aware there is an issue with ReadyCloud and they are working on it.

So if you are trying to log into "ReadyCloud.Netgear.com" and you can not then beware of the below also:-

Basically your NAS "chats" with the ReadyCloud servers. If however your NAS can not be found on their database, due to whatever reason, then the NAS seems to toggle the "ReadyCloud" option to "OFF" and proceeds to dump the cloud users and their "Home Drives".

ReadyCloud.PNG

So double check your NAS as well!

Message 18 of 707
rjwerth
Luminary

I can get into these forums and through the web app but not through the Windows app.  One of my backups failed last night (first time in months) but I can't get onto that server to see what happened.

Message 19 of 707
clinford
Aspirant

readycloud.netgear.com site and NAS unit offline and Windows app states all units offline

We have over 15 units accross different sites linked to Readycloud and Windows App and all are saying Offline today ?

With this state clients are unable to work.

What is going on ?

Thanks Chris

Message 20 of 707
Damia
Guide

spoken wit netgear support they recived today many cases about this issue  and they working on it

Message 21 of 707
perrij3
Guide

Having the same issue here.  Was not able to access our ReadyNAS device this morning with my regular log information on our local network.  I was not able to log into ReadyCloud either (still not able to).  I get the following error message when I attempt to reset my password on ReadyCloud:   java.net.unknown host exception: directoy.ngxcld.com.   

If anyone else is having issues accessing their ReadyNAS on their local network while using their admin account, try the default username and password.  That allowed me into the admin area.  This was something that I changed in the past and I am not sure why it went back to the default information.   No other user seem to be effected by this on the local network, other then the admin account.

Message 22 of 707
Dave_H_C
Initiate

Re: readycloud.netgear.com site and NAS unit offline and Windows app states all units offline

Same problem - just spent ages trying to resolve but getting nowhere. 

Dave

Message 23 of 707
CJDEN
Tutor

Same thing here. When I accessed the NAS, a user had been deleted. I cant turn ReadyCloud on again - it just ignores my Netgear username/password.

I then went to the user in user settings on the NAS and just hit "Apply". When I then looked in the log, I had a new line stating "user deleted" ???? 

Any solutions to this annoying thins ?

Message 24 of 707
Blondie1107
Aspirant

Having same issue. All users unable to connect to ReadyCloud and VPN. Local connection not working either.

Message 25 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements