Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

Mostdom
Apprentice

Re: User has been Auto deleted - all data lost

Incidently when I look at the case number in My Support there are no notes there at all and none of my messages sent through this medium were ever stored!

Maybe something your end to do with the way the case was set up?

Message 701 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As it wasn't setup as an email case that would be why.

Message 702 of 707

Posting this here as my case is now closed.

As of June 5th or so, it was basically decided that I lost over 90% of my data to Netgear's idiocy.  Two different techs and three different techniques recovered about 70GB, tops, of about 4TB I'd lost in this mess.  Figuring this out took two months, with the NAS in tech support mode for the majority of this time, which seems to have turned the thing loopy; I was starting to get constant messages from the antivirus at the end clogging up my email, pinging files that had been on the NAS for years without issue.  And the OS section itself was filling up from said messages, which meant I also couldn't get into the drive at the end to grab what little hadn't been deleted because the system would constantly reboot.

Since Netgear has proven itself to be untrustworthy, the Readygear NAS is now officially off.  I spent the money to get a Synology, and that's what I've decided to start fresh on.  Netgear already has my money, so I doubt they give a crap, but fair warning everyone; you'll likely be in the same boat as me.  I'm done with it.

Message 703 of 707
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We can only make our best effort attempt to recover what we can. What's done is done. We cannot change the past. Hopefully you've learnt the importance of backing up your data if your data is important to you.

Message 704 of 707
Mostdom
Apprentice

I can't believe you are still spouting that! and coudn't you have said it in a less pretetious way!

"yeah, it was Netgears fault but I hope you've have learned you lesson!"

Idiot!

Message 705 of 707

You still haven't answered why not use serialized recovery as a last resort; I even told the support people that I would pay for the serialized recovery myself, but just answer me! this is ridiculous!

Message 706 of 707

still no answer from support or from the mods

Message 707 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements