Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Disconnected

davesumm
Luminary

VPN Disconnected

Hi, all

Is there any new known problem with readycloud? I'm struggling to connect to 2 different NAS systems remotely from my work PCs (2 different PCs) I am getting the dreaded online (VPN Disconnected) message and it's driving me daft

Thanks

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 68

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The VPN disconnected was due to a problem with the VPN server. We resolved the issue middle of last week. Anything you are experiencing since middle of last weeks is unrelated to the main issue that occurred on the server at the end of January. 

View solution in original post

Message 68 of 68

All Replies
mrselyod
Aspirant

I am having the same issue today -was working fine last week. I'm just trying to upgrade the client to see if it makes any difference.

Edit: It didn't.

Message 2 of 68
LilRos
Aspirant

Have same problem today, normally fixed quite quickly but today not!  Just called tech support and weren't aware of problem!  I'm told its now logged and should be fixed soon! Finger crossed as I've got grumpy users today!

Message 3 of 68
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

We are seeing multiple customers reporting similar problems. The engineering team are looking into it with high priority.

Message 4 of 68
rayray1
Aspirant

we have clients that are experienicing the same.. 

oddly enough our account works. been fine for months. 

today.. online with vpn disconnected.

Message 5 of 68
flattened
Apprentice

Same here too today (30th Jan 2017), with no physical reason to explain it. Logging into the Readycloud webpage shows the shares so I know they are there.

Message 6 of 68
rvilla
Aspirant

I am also experiencing issues. Fine last week, now I have 5 remote users without connection.

Message 7 of 68
rvilla
Aspirant

What is the expected resolution time? 

Message 8 of 68
clinford
Aspirant

We too are having the same issue for us and our clients.

Is there an update on the resolution?

Message 9 of 68
thadanders
Aspirant

Is there a way I can get notified when there's a change of status on this problem?  It's comforting to know Netgear engineers are looking into it for now.  Thanks!

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 10 of 68
FloodlightMedia
Aspirant

As a possible workaround/backup, ownCloud was recommended in an earlier thread I was just reading and I'm looking forward to testing it out since ReadyCloud has just been a never-ending nightmare for us.

Latest plugin for ReadyNas: https://rnxtras.com/add-ons/update/owncloud-9-1-3-all-readynas-platforms-79444

Desktop and Mobile Apps: https://owncloud.org/install/#

Message 11 of 68
STX1300MAN
Star

When is this going to be fixed?

It took the Netgear support team the best part of a day to notice this wasn't working despite it being reported on here and Facebook.

I have several disgruntled users who can't access their files, as they are away from the NAS location.

Normally outages of ReadyNAS Remote have been quietly fixed, with no online acknowledgement of the problem ever existing. This one is now dragging on too long!

Message 12 of 68
Rightway_env
Aspirant

Same here, I've been rebuilding a laptop for our team due to HDD failure. When reinstalled Readycloud initially worked but after I had installed Teamviewer I got the VPN disconnected message. I thought it might have caused an issue but it's unlikely Teamviewer would have affected it. After 2 more rebuilds and installs (without teamviewer, though that's probably irrelevant) I'm getting the same problem. I will be able to test oure other machines later today but it looks like this is a wider issue.

Message 13 of 68
prau
Aspirant

Hi,
I have this problem too. I'm unable to login with PC clients to ReadyNAS Remote. Nothing in my networks was changed, FW permitions are OK.
I'm only able to login directly on web page https://remote.readynas.com/. NETGEAR changed somethnig again and stopped something working 😕

Thanks for solution.

Premek

Message 14 of 68
KDUK
Tutor

This does need urgent attention given that the security of my entire business depends upon ReadyCloud operating properly.  When can we expect a solution?

Message 15 of 68
flattened
Apprentice

We are Powershift Partners here and I have asked our account manager to look into this and he is doing so.

Message 16 of 68
nextwavepc
Guide

Ive tried owncloud. Its outdated for the nas. Doesnt work.
Message 17 of 68
StephenB
Guru

@nextwavepc wrote:
Ive tried owncloud. Its outdated for the nas. Doesnt work.

It does work actually, but you might need to get the install package from rnxtras.com

Message 18 of 68
kokosch
Aspirant

Betreff: VPN Disconnected

Unfortunately still disconnected

Message 19 of 68
jlib
Aspirant

Netgear, please fix this. none of my windows pc's can connect. It works on my android and ios devices.

Message 20 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

No comments from HQ. 😡
Message 21 of 68

Hi,

i have the same issue since 3 days,

No upgrade done, no apparent change on the structures.

VPN disconnected - android function well - webpage OK

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 22 of 68
rvilla
Aspirant

Are we going to get an update on this issue? Can this be moved to the ONLY priorty, as it is affecting Readycloud's entire customer base? 

Message 23 of 68
hydrafi
Aspirant

me too, I reinstall app in windows 10 but no effect, remain "online(disconnected vpn)"

..??..

Message 24 of 68
flattened
Apprentice

I have restarted the NAS and now have a connection. I could be lucky, it could be temporary or maybe it is "fixed".
Andy.
Message 25 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements