Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Disconnected

StephenB
Guru

@mc41 wrote:
photos = access denied ??

Maybe reset permissions in the photos share.

Message 51 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

How do you reset ?  

Message 52 of 68
StephenB
Guru

@mc41 wrote:

How do you reset ?  

Go into the admin ui's share list, and select the settings wheel for the share.  On the file access tab you'll see a reset control which resets permissions to the factory default.  Do that, and see if it resolves the problem.  If it does, you can then try re-applying the permissions you want (if they are not the defaults).

Message 53 of 68
JD1
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the update. I was able to successfully get connected through ReadyCloud VPN this morning. Now, I think that Netgear needs to give us all one year phone support to make it up to there awesome customers. 

Message 54 of 68
StephenB
Guru

FWIW I have suggested that communication on service outages needs to be improved.

I also posted one suggestion in the idea exchange that you might vote for if you think it would serve.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Opt-in-for-emails-related-to-ReadyCloud-...

As a reminder, you vote by clicking on the large up arrow next to the idea.

Message 55 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

Ok did the reset,same problem access denied 

also the 2 green lights

1= internet available 

2 X (red) unable to connect services 

still can access all from the  http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/welcome.html

Message 56 of 68
StephenB
Guru

Is the iPad using the same credentials you are using with the portal?

Message 57 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

If you mean same email login etc ...  yes. 

Message 58 of 68
StephenB
Guru

@mc41 wrote:

If you mean same email login etc ...  yes. 

That is odd.

Did you also try using the PC client (either mac or windows?)

Message 59 of 68
thadanders
Aspirant

After rebooting my ReadyNAS RN212, I was able to re-establish remote connnections (i.e., ReadyCLOUD client showing "Connected (VPN)").  In my case, "rebooting" was (1) connect to device from the admin page and click the button to shut down (not restart, but let it shut down completely) (2) disconnect the power supply, (3) reconnect the power supply, (4) press the on/off button to start the device.

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 60 of 68
hydrafi
Aspirant

Smiley Happy Today it's running.

Message 61 of 68
cidik
Aspirant

I conferm, that it is working, I made a restart as it was above... and it work finally. 😉

Message 62 of 68
davesumm
Luminary

Problem is solved but unless Netgear tell us what caused it and how they fixed it, there is no solution to accept.

Message 63 of 68

Today the VPN function correctly. Some disconnections and difficult to download big file.. arrive at 80% and stop. Probabely the Internet connection. But i'm in.
No restart done. Do nothing.
Message 64 of 68
aaron921
Aspirant

Wondering if others are having this issue again?  I was working fine this morning, then noticed no files showing while remote connected.  Tried refreshing, and now I get the Online (VPN Disconnected) Am I the only one?

Message 65 of 68
jlib
Aspirant

I had the same issue yesterday as well but I had replaced my home router the night before so I figured it was that. I modified my router settings last night and was able to get to my nas so i thought it was just me. Lets hope this is not happening again! 

Message 66 of 68
cidik
Aspirant

I have to admit, that yesterday I also had some problem coming back, for a few hours. But today I backup 38bg without any problem.Ofourse it were backup by the interet not enternet.

So the probem is circulation bug.

Message 67 of 68
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The VPN disconnected was due to a problem with the VPN server. We resolved the issue middle of last week. Anything you are experiencing since middle of last weeks is unrelated to the main issue that occurred on the server at the end of January. 

Message 68 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements