Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Disconnected

Re: VPN Disconnected

FYI

i try using thetering by my phone without result.. still try othe ways..

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 26 of 68
STX1300MAN
Star

This is ridiculous! When is Netgear going to make an official annoncement about this?

For many users the remote access function was one of the key atractions of a NAS. 

Having convinced some of my users Netgear ReadyNAS was THE way to go, I'm now getting lots of flack that they should have used a Cloud service like Google Drive or Mcrosoft's One Drive. How can I argue when we are having a major outage like this and NO support?

Grrrrrrr!

Message 27 of 68
prau
Aspirant

Yes the problem still continues and it looks that Netgear doesn't care. May be that's why we will want Netgear never more. Now I'm sure, that on the end of life time of my device I'll chose another brand. 😕 ... May be cheaper with better quality and support.

Message 28 of 68
RichardB_MUS
Aspirant

I've just arrived to the office and now have this error on 2 machines. It works fine from home.

Netgear - when will this be fixed?

Message 29 of 68
cidik
Aspirant

I have the same problem, try this on 3 PC-s and one mac. The same story, on support in Poland - they are not interesting on helping me, because my 90 day's free support ended. I think I will contact with company which sold me this device, and exchange it on warranty.

P.S. they told me that I need to pay 70 EUR fee for such help, and they don't give me any warranty to solve it.

Dom

Message 30 of 68
Densterdad
Aspirant

Same problems here. No connection....

Contacted Netgear

Territory Account Manager Benelux

probably end of life issue...........

Message 31 of 68
flattened
Apprentice

Hello, I have contacted Netgear over the phone as we have a contract with them (we resell lots of their kit). I pointed the engineer to this thread and a specific ticket has been raised for this incidenet and is being dealt with. I haven't got an ETA but when I hear something I will post it here.

Many thanks,

Andy

Message 32 of 68
pmjc
Apprentice

I have the exact issue as everyone listed but in addition I am getting an "offline" message  when I try to reconnect but I know its online because I can remote in to my home computer and see the NAS plus the webinterface still works from any ccmputer

Message 33 of 68
nextwavepc
Guide

is this still working for you?

the restart of the nas?

has anyone else restarted since yesterday?

Message 34 of 68
pmjc
Apprentice

I have restared multiple times with the same result: VPN dissconnected or more recently "offline"

Message 35 of 68
prau
Aspirant

I tried restarts, but it didn't help.

Message 36 of 68
KDUK
Tutor

There is something seriously wrong with the way that ReadyCloud can suddenly cease to work.  I have had this before and the answer that time was to do with the length of my e-mail addresses but that was completely spurious.  It is a huge concern for me that this system is not robust enough to rely upon.  I don't know what to expect each morning; this week it has been vpn diconnected since early on Monday.  This is no good to me because I need my files regularly backed up to the ReadyNas.

Some news from Netgear would be useful.  I had been under the impression that they would be interested in following a thread such as this!

Message 37 of 68
JD1
Guide
Guide

Hey Eveyone, 

I was able to speak with someone at Netgear to see whats going on with the ReadyCloud VPN problem. The guy I spoke with said that this is a wide spread problem with no ETA at the moment. The good news is, they are aware of it and they currently working on it. 

I was able to get login using the web portal of Netgear readynas. 

Message 38 of 68
Augman
Aspirant

Just found out about this myself!!

Customers are wondersing why backups are failing all over.

Spoke with NGear today 2.1.2017 at 1:50pm EST and asked why we did not get an email to our NG accounst letting us know.

The entire VPN is down for Readycloud clients though my android device can connect.

Regards,

Augie Grosso

Message 39 of 68
JD1
Guide
Guide

Hey, 

My readynas is way past the 90 phone tech support. When I called in they wanted me to pay to renew my phone support contract which it was going to cost me $150 just to find out if this "VPN disconnect"  was an wide spread outage or was it just me. I was able to contact another department and they were helpful. 

They still could not answer my question about notifying people when this happened or provide me a good time frame when they can have this resolve. 

Message 40 of 68
Augman
Aspirant

I was ready for that to happen also but they did not have a chance as I exploded on them about the situation of no notifications on this little known or advertised issue, though the L1 support phone guys did not deserve it I feel bad now.

Regards,

Augie Grosso

Message 41 of 68
cidik
Aspirant

Today, I received a call from NetGear support, with information that this well know problem, with world wide range. Technicals are working on it, buy ETA is not knowen yet.

Message 42 of 68
Densterdad
Aspirant

ReadyNAS problem solved!!!! I'm able to login again.

Message 43 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

??
Message 44 of 68
flattened
Apprentice

My PC app is now OK again too.

Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

How ?
Message 46 of 68
KDUK
Tutor

Our ReadyCloud has started working too.  I suppose I should be grateful but it has been out of order for a long time, and we've had very little advice from Netgear.  Fingers-crossed that it stays running!

Message 47 of 68
clinford
Aspirant

Working for me and clients as well now. what was the fix from Netgear, anyone knows ??

Message 48 of 68
jlib
Aspirant

Mine is working as well !  hope it stays that way. 

Message 49 of 68
mc41
Aspirant

I can access nas from iPad,can see and access all share folders other than photos = access denied ??
Message 50 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements