Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: after migration no access to readycloud shares for non-admin users

GreggSmithtx
Aspirant

after migration no access to readycloud shares for non-admin users

I have completed upgrade of user accounts to mynetgear accounts, firmware on RN104, new readycloud app version, and NAS server migration to mynetgear admin account on 2 different RN104 netgear boxes.

When we go to readycloud.netgear.com with the admin account for the box, we are able to browse the shares located on the box and use the ReadyCloud app to sync shares from pc.  Everything works.

However, when a user that is _not_ the admin account for the NAS server logs on to readycloud.netgear.com via browser, the user sees the Nas server icon but no shares - none of the shared folders that user has been granted access to show up.  Likewise, for the non-admin account the readycloud PC app fails to connect to the NAS server - sees "offline".

This is a little confusing because I support 2 different NAS boxes, and we have 3 main accounts.  Both NAS boxes are RN104, and both display the _exact_ same behavior.

Account 1 is admin on NAS1 and can use readycloud.netgear.com via browser and readycloud app just fine, but only on box NAS1.

Account 2 is admin on NAS2 and can use readycloud.netgear.com via browser and readycloud app just fine, but only on box NAS2.  Even tho this account is granted access to shares on NAS1 box they do not show up in the readycloud.netgear.com web page and the readycloud app shows NAS1 to be offline.  NAS2 works fine for this user.

Account 3 is granted share access to specific file shares on box NAS1 and NAS2.  This account is not able to use readycloud.netgear.com web site or readycloud app to access _either_ NAS server.  Readycloud.netgear.com does not show any shares for the 2 NAS boxes, and the readycloud app shows both to be offline.   This account is normally in the same network as NAS2, and can access the shares on NAS2 via SMB and the local network just fine.  

In the migration process on both NAS boxes I used the "leave" and "join" buttons on the Cloud Tab under the readycloud icon, primarily because I was looking at a netgear-supplied instruction that told me I needed to.  I re-added share access to the file shares in question after joining / migrating, and the users all accepted the e-mail invitations that were sent as part of the rejoin process.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 34
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

When you migrated to a NETGEAR account, did you confirm the new account as per the email you were sent?

Have you contacted support?

Message 2 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GreggSmithtx,

Welcome to community!

Can you also make sure the user is entering his/her myNetgear account when logging in which is in an email address format? Please try removing one of the NAS from the network and see if that gets the same problem, the idea is to eliminate the possibility of the 2 NAS conflicting with each other when both are running 6.5.0 FW.

Regards,

Message 3 of 34
GreggSmithtx
Aspirant

Yes, I confirmed the migrated account.  I will create a support case this morning.

Message 4 of 34
GreggSmithtx
Aspirant

I can confirm I am entering the mynetgear account in email address format.  The NAS devices are actually in 2 different geographic locations on 2 different networks, so I don't think they could be conflicting with each other.

Message 5 of 34
koolfrank87
Apprentice

I too am having this same issue and have a ticket open with netgear.  The say that I have to remove all ready cloud users and reinvite them one at a time.  I dont think this is something that I want to do as I have ALOT of users with special permissions.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Message 6 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Me too. I have lost my daughters account after migration. I am the owner/admin and I can connect through ReadyCloud to my account on both my PC and her laptop. I migrated her account a day or 2 ago and now she cannot connect to ReadyCloud on my PC or her laptop. I deleted her account off my shares and I set her up again and clicked the link on the email and she has been given a couple of shares. On the RC app for Windows when she signs in it states connecting to ReadyNas and then declares it offline - it's not. When it fails I log her out and log myself in and I can see everything so it's not offline. When logging in using the web browser I can log in but when she logs in she get to the Netgear ReadyCloud page with "Home - Manage - Discover" with a picture of a ReadyNas but the wheel keeps going round and round. The ReadyNas log states she was invited then was added. It worked well for her before migration now it's useless for her.

So far I've -

turned off and on ReadyCloud a few times

off and on the ReadyNas a few times

deleted her account and re-invited her

turned off ipv6

Firmware 6.5.0

ReadyCloud Client v1.12

Message 7 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bell98,

Can you login to the admin page > Cloud then click Settings? Make sure Use Proxy Server is not marked, click Security on the left panel then unmark Encryption.

Regards,

Message 8 of 34
Prasanga
Aspirant

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I'm administrating two RN102 devices which are geographically apart. I can see the shares on both of these on webportal as well as Windows App from "Cloud Admin" account, but cannot see any shares from a "non_admin" account either from webportal or windows app. They both show both the NAS but shown "offline". Pls help! 

Message 9 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Hi JennC

Thanks for your help. For info Proxy Server was not ticked but encryption was  - clicked encryption off and applied and now no encryption.

I logged in to her account again. 

The App loads devices then connects but, after a while, still declares the ReadyNas off-line.

On the web browser I get the Netgear ReadyCloud Home page, image of a ReadyNas machine but the loading wheel keeps going round and round.

When I click the device icon I get the web page address -

http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access&path=%2F&deviceid="My ReadyNas Device ID".

So she's getting sent to the machine but no shares are loading. The thin line above \ReadyCloud\ReadyNas reaches the grid view icon and that's as good as it gets it sticks at that point.

I can still log in on her laptop using my admin ReadyCloud account and get everything. It looks as if the ReadyNas is not letting her in to get to her shares using either a webpage or the app. I've logged her in and out numerous times and switched off the ReadyNas numerous times but still no joy.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 10 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bell98,

Please login to the readycloud.netgear.com using your ReadyCloud (myNetgear) account that has admin rights and click Manage tab, under Manage tab you should see her account added with the shares that she is allowed to access. 

Regards,

Message 11 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Thanks again JennC helping me.

Sadly she does exist under "Shared Folders" and I've been giving her more and more shares just to see if that helps - she's up to 7 now. She still doesn't get to them. Interestingly under logs though (as I've added her as a share and removed her again a few times hoping that would work) she has a listing  -

Tue May 31 2016 14:40:39 Account: User 'her email address@her_email was added. (not her real email address, but I don't want her getting plagued with spam)

Note the ' before what would be her email address should I be concerned about that, is this what is keeping her out, the ' doesn't appear when she is being invited or removed. Or am I just reading into it too deeply (REM command) ?

Thanks again for your help.

Message 12 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Hi again JennC

Ignore previous post about the '

I've created another new account with a new email address and it works a treat, including the ' before the email address as seen in Logs, as my new email account has this too. There appears to be something corrupt about my daughter's account that the ReadyNas will not let her see her shares. I can log her into MyNetgear and into the ReadyCloud page so her account obviously exists up and into the ReadyNas. I'll go away and delete her account on the RN and try again. It's frustrating that when I click the ReadyNas icon on the ReadyCloud webpage the browser that doesn't load but it displays the path - 

http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access&path=%2F&deviceid=nas - "my ReadyCloud address".

So she's being directed to the right place just the shares aren't being released or updated.

Thanks again

Message 13 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bell98,

It does seem to me that there is something wrong with her account, probably during the migration?

Can you try getting to readycloud.netgear.com and click Sign in and click Upgrade to MyNetgear account? Then Click Upgrade Your Exsiting ReadyCloud account, then type in her old ReadyCloud account name (the old one before migrating to MyNetgear) and its password. Start the upgrade and see if it will detect it email address and say it is associated with it. If you get an option of binding it with the email address, go for it.

Regards,

Message 14 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Hi JennC

I agree, I think something went wrong during migration.Tried the Upgrade Your Exsiting ReadyCloud Account, used her old sign in name and sadly her email is associated to it with the binding option was not available.

I've removed her again from my ReadyCloud account, so she had no registered devices, logged her into RCloud and she had no registered devices.

I gave her a share from my RCloud and copied the link into Chrome on her laptop (there seems to be differences between Chrome and Firefox - Chome appears to be more compatible) and got to the Netgear ReadyCLOUD "Home-Manage-Discover" page but again no shared folders. (Interestingly on Firefox the loading wheel goes round and round forever but on Chrome the loading wheel stops after a second, as if it's found the shares but is not displaying them).

I can only think her account is corrupt or my ReadyNas is not prepared to accept her. My next thought is to delete her My Netgear account totally, but this is out of my control and even if it is deleted will I be able to use her email address again, as some servers refuse to accept that deleted accounts have gone forever. If I try to use it again will I get "Already been used"

Thanks again for your help - Bell98

Message 15 of 34
Prasanga
Aspirant

Hi JennC, Bell98,

Tried with a .com email and it worked! but the emails i want to add is .org ones. is there any difference? I tried adding a .org after .com email worked, and then it worked too but after removing .com shares it again stopped. I tried to re-do the whole thing but .org owner never saw the shares through readycloud.

And the other thing is, even though when I haven't shared any readycloud folders, the .org email user can see remote shares (as permitted by local admin page) through Network locations in My-Computer. Is that possible? If that's possible i really dont need to setup readycloud 😄

Btw i have defined same username/password on both local and remore readynas servers.

Cheers!

Message 16 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bell98,

When you give her an access to a share, she is supposed to receive an email. You need to get to this email and click the "Link" I think is the hyperlink.

Regards,

Message 17 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Thanks JennC

She's been receiving these emails including the first one which is the hyperlink to allow her find my ReadyNas.

Message 18 of 34
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bell98,

Do you have another account or can you create another one for her and see if the same results?

Regards,

Message 19 of 34
Prasanga
Aspirant

Hi Bell98,

Try creating the new profile with a .com email..looks like it's working for me..I'll update u tomorrow
Message 20 of 34
Prasanga
Aspirant

Hello again,

OK i tried with two gmails and both are working good. Dont know why .org ones dont work..

Message 21 of 34
Bell98
Guide

Hi

I've successfully setup two new user accounts which never had ReadyCloud user names so did not require migration or binding and they login and see shares without any problem. It looks as if my daughter's Netgear account is now useless and she'll need to use one of the accounts I've made that work. I'm convinced migration is at fault as it worked perfectly before.

I only have .com email accounts so can't help with the .org problem

Just as a point of information, the second account I set up, I tried creating a Netgear account, received the confirmation email with the link, only to find on clicking the link I get a "Confirmation email is invalid. You might have requested a new confirmation which invalidates the original." - no I hadn't. What seems simplest to generate a new user account is log into the admin ReadyCloud account and share a folder to your new user's email. That link does work.

Message 22 of 34
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Can anyone PM me one of the e-mails with the .org in there so I can look at something here?

Message 23 of 34
heliotrope
Aspirant

This worked to turn off encryption, but isn't encryption a GOOD idea? This actually worked without turning off encryption throug the iphone app. But I had to turn off encryption in order to see it on the browser.

Message 24 of 34
StephenB
Guru

@heliotrope wrote:

This worked to turn off encryption, but isn't encryption a GOOD idea? 

Yes it is, especially for a cloud service.  Not an acceptable solution from my point of view.

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements