Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot connect to readynas nvx RNDX4210

Fragglecasper
Aspirant

10 mins ago i got back into the GUI and i am able to see the netgear intereface, i am threading water here,, still i cannot find the files even tho i have access now to the GUI,, I am guessing when i first logged into the GUI after i installed the new operating system on my laptop and followed the wizard mode where i created the JODPhotography folder, it some how stopped me from seeing the rest of my files and folders, good news is i am able to access the gui, but i cannot access the files from before friday even tho the volume shows full as you can see in the images i am attaching now

Message 26 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

i was able to change some settings in the ipv4 from reading in a forum following a line of inquiry,,, how i changed the ipv4 was network sharing and then adapter and then properties and right cick ipv4 and then properties and check the ip address and subnet this was on,, i changed all that back anyway after nothing worked trying this,, the other images are attached and one to come,,

problem is now i cannot see my previous files or folders, but have access to the GUI

Message 27 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

final image, just because it might help with this problem

Message 28 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

this is the log file when i started to mess it up and lock myself out,i set a new host name and a new vault name it appears , this then stopped me from accessing my files from before,here is the log, i need to revert these changes and be able to get back to, where it was nefore friday 29th, doing so should give me access to my files ?

Message 29 of 39
StephenB
Guru

@Fragglecasper wrote:

final image, just because it might help with this problem

Can you post a screenshot of the shares page in the web admin ui?

To be clear,

1. go to the screen you posted last, and click on the shares menu item on the left. 
  2. The menu will expand (showing "share listing" and "add share" 
  3. Click on "share listing"

Then post that screen.

Message 30 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

Message 31 of 39
StephenB
Guru

@Fragglecasper wrote:

Thanks.

So jodphotography is the only share on the NAS.  Did you have other shares before?

Also, are you a ReadyVault user?

Now go back to this screen (192.168.1.16/shares), and then click on the jodphotography folder.   Let us know if you see any files.  You might get a user/password prompt when you click on it - if you do, then enter admin and the admin password for the NAS.

Capture (14).JPG

Also I see message on your log screen that says "The device attached to the front USB port could not be properly mounted".  What device is that?

Message 32 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

there is no files when i click on this, this is just an empty folder i created, on friday,,, the usb attached device i dont know what this is about, but i suggest it is using the back up button when i needed to cycle through the boot menu. hitting the backup button throws up this warning in the log, but i have to push it to cycle through the menu,, so..

anyway the next image is another log file from way back... this is when it was working well,,,

i never had a vault before friday, i created this on friday,,, when i ran into problems afterwards

Message 33 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

just asking here,, if i remove the jodphotography name and the storage name in vault,, and just click apply, thats all i changed on friday,, should it go back ?

Message 34 of 39
StephenB
Guru

@Fragglecasper wrote:

just asking here,, if i remove the jodphotography name and the storage name in vault,, and just click apply, thats all i changed on friday,, should it go back ?

No.

I think you need to use paid support (my.netgear.com). Things are pretty messed up, and that's the best option to get your data back.  

Message 35 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

spent 43 mins on the phone with paid support today, what a joke,,, she didnt understand half of what i was saying, and then when she tried to sell me a plan, she couldnt find a plan suitable for me, i mean i was on hold longer than i was talking to her, she had no clue what to do,, no clue,,

send me support ticket after support ticket and still she didnt understand,,

just cannot believe i can see the drives are full, but the path to get to them is wrong, and thats the problem here, the path is wrong, from network to readynas path is wrong., if it was right i could see them,,

on the other hand my 10tb storage hub came today, is it possible to connect that to the readynas, get it to backup the readynas to it, ship everything over to the storage hub, if i then plug the storage hub into my laptop can i then see the files all the files,

or no ?

Message 36 of 39
Sandshark
Sensei

The warning in 5.jpg is pretty self-explanatory.  You have another device using the IP address assigned to the NAS.  One or both of them must have a fixed IP assigned in the device for that to happen.  A MAC starting with B0:70:2D is assigned to Apple.

If the NAS has a fixed IP, then you have still not successfully performed an OS re-install.  And if pushing the Backup button is causing anything to be entered into the log at that point, you have not successfully entered the boot menu.   I believe an OS re-install will be in the log once completed, but it's been a while since I used OS 4.2.x.  I don't see any such antry.

Message 37 of 39
Fragglecasper
Aspirant

this suggestion from another guy on a facebook page solved my problem,,, currently in and transfering all the data to my new storage hub,,

thanks guys ever so much

Try to connect as the admin. In command prompt, you can type `net use \\192.168.1.16\IPC$ /user:admin` and then enter your admin password. Then go to \\192.168.1.16\ and see what it shows. You should get an additional share called "c" and should be able to see the whole volume's contents.

Message 38 of 39
Sandshark
Sensei

So, basically, what @StephenB asked you to try in message 5 in this chain.  The only difference is that he was letting the user name and passsword be entered from the prompt instead of from the command line.

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements