Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cloud users cannot be deleted and existing ones can't see shares

Mineline
Tutor

cloud users cannot be deleted and existing ones can't see shares

I cannot delete some cloud users I;d like to delete off the shares.

I also have some cloud users that cannot see their shares. 

I have had nothing but issues with the readynas since the introduction of these netgear cloud accounts. I've wasted hours trying to sort this stuff out and lost usability of this product now for several weeks. 

I am close to throwing it out and buying something else.It is now a clunky badly set up U.I and not  functioning as it used to or should since these new accounts came in.

HAs ayone else had these issues or no of any resolutions for it .?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Mineline
Tutor

Re: cloud users cannot be deleted and existing ones can't see shares

so it seems a full factory reset was the only thing that fixed it all.

everyone seems to have access back and ability to see and use all the flders they are shared with.

took a few hours of backing everything up and then reloading it all again but at least it seems to be working.

thanks for your comments and inputs.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Hopchen
Prodigy

What firmware are you running? You need to run a firmware equal to or later then 6.5.0 for readycloud to work. Netgear made some changes to the application and the service as a whole.

If you are not on 6.5.x then update the NAS. Also, after the upgrade all the users needs to migrate their accounts to my.netgear accounts rather readycloud accounts. It is described here:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30671/~/readycloud-to-mynetgear-single-sign-on-faq?cid...

You cannot manage/delete users if those users have not upgraded to a my.netgear account. Also, existing readycloud people on your NAS who have not upgraded their own readycloud account (to a my.netgear account) won't be able to use the service properly.

Message 2 of 5
Mineline
Tutor

Ye sthe firmware has been ugraded past 6.5.x

and all my users have created net gear accounts 

this was done weeks ago.

I mnaged to get one user working by deleting her user accunt in admin page and her cloud user and resharing the folders and that user is now online and working.

However I canot get any of the other users working and I cannot seem to be able to delete their cloud users and recreate them to get them working the same way I got the first peson working.

it is very strange and frustrating. I cannot delete a user on admin page as it redirects me to the ready/cloud page but that does not allow you to delete a user either. Seems counter intuitive that the actual admin page can't actually ádmin' the users or NAS.

Message 3 of 5
Hopchen
Prodigy

Yes it is a bit odd.

I think your own statement is the solution here.

"I mnaged to get one user working by deleting her user accunt in admin page and her cloud user and resharing the folders and that user is now online and working."

You could try "Leave" readycloud from the NAS GUI. This will completely reset readycloud on the NAS. Then re-join the NAS to the cloud and afterwards re-invite the users you want. That would probably solve it. Only one caution here. Un-joining the readynas from readycloud will delete all the existing readycloud users home folders. So, if those readycloud users were using the home folders, then you want to back those up first.

Message 4 of 5
Mineline
Tutor

so it seems a full factory reset was the only thing that fixed it all.

everyone seems to have access back and ability to see and use all the flders they are shared with.

took a few hours of backing everything up and then reloading it all again but at least it seems to be working.

thanks for your comments and inputs.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements