Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPhone App can't connect

the_Agent
Guide

iPhone App can't connect

Hi there,

i activated ReadyCloud for the first time yesterday on my NAS204 (OS 6.5.0) and downloaded the new App (V1.57). After starting the App, my NAS is found and marked Online. After tapping on it, I see my folders and the message "Connecting..." on top, which never ends. It doesn't matter if I'm on cellular or on the same WiFi as the NAS, it can't connect. The Desktop App on my PC is working, but the PC is in the same LAN as the NAS. I forwarded no ports in my Router or changed anything in the NAS OS, just activated ReadyCLOUD.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 36

Accepted Solutions
the_Agent
Guide

Hi there, everything is working fine now with ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0 and the iPhone App 1.5.9. The ReadyNAS OS Update fixed the Problem for me.

View solution in original post

Message 35 of 36

All Replies
ukoldgit
Apprentice

I have the same problem with the iPad app, opens and closes, if it does stay open it says no devices. App went wrong with the May 18th update.

The app on my android phone works perfectly.

The whole ready cloud stuff is weird, its now migrated to my account but nothing in there lets you log on to ready cloud.

Message 2 of 36
JRReadyNAS
Aspirant

Same problem here.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello the_Agent,

Please make sure the ReadyCloud account you logged in is upgraded to myNetgear account. It is in an email format.

To those who are already logged in, log out first, go to Settings tab > Sign out. Then log in using your upgraded ReadyCloud account.

Regards,

Message 4 of 36
ukoldgit
Apprentice

Nothing works now my Android phone updated to latest Rcloud and now shows nothing but says its connected, tried logging out and back in again still nothing.

Online says I have no devices and refers me back to the router to register it again which I've done time and time again with out success.

Everything worked before this latest update.

Message 5 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ukoldgit,

Sorry what do you mean refers you back to the router to register it again?

Regards,

Message 6 of 36
ukoldgit
Apprentice

@JennC wrote:

Hello ukoldgit,

Sorry what do you mean refers you back to the router to register it again?

Regards,

Hi, although my router is registerd and my ready cloud is migrated which I've confirmed many times, I'm still being told I have no devices registered and the page has a link that refers me to the router login page so I can register it. I've un-registerd and registered it time and time again using the user name and psw that has been linked to MyNetgear but it doesnt show. It was working before these recent updates. The router says it's registered.

The above applies to my android phone, the app on the iPad wont even stay open. Going on holiday saturday looks like I wont be watching any films.

Message 7 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ukoldgit,

Sorry , this topic is for ReadyNAS with ReadyCloud not routers. I guess you are in a wrong thread and board. Please try going to Home Networking.

Regards,

Message 8 of 36
ukoldgit
Apprentice

Think I'll just have to give up on these apps.

Obviously something wrong as the phone and iPad worked perfectly before the app updates.

Can you point me to some one who understands the ReadyCloud apps and ReadyShare for routers please because the only applicable place to go once in HomeNetworking is ReadyNas.

Message 9 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ukoldgit,

Home networking routers forum discussion do not have ReadyCloud option I believe, it is best you open a new conversation in that board then state your concern about the router and ReadyCloud, you do not need to search for a ReadyCloud board.

Regards,

Message 10 of 36
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi the_Agent, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 11 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

Hello,

my Loggin ist the MyNETGEAR Accout. My Device is found in the iPhone App but after tapping on the Device I see my folders and an endless spinning Connecting...

Do I need to do anything to my Router?

NAS OS 6.5.0

iPhone App 1.5.8

Message 12 of 36
wirelesstechguy
Aspirant

I'm having a very similar issue... I can seee the device but once I click on it, endless refreshing.

NAS OS 6.5
IPhone app 1.5.8

Message 13 of 36
wirelesstechguy
Aspirant

Well that is funny... Just reset my password and re-logged in and everything seems to work now.
Message 14 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

I changed my password and relogged into the app but nothing changed.

Message 15 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello the_Agent and wirelesstechguy,

Can you both check please if you can access the folders/shares when getting to readycloud.netgear.com with the same login?

Regards,

Message 16 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

Doesn't work either.

Message 17 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello the_Agent,

Are you using the main ReadyCloud account that you logged in to the admin page to enable ReadyCloud?

Are you getting any error messages? Click Manage tab if you are using the main account.

Regards,

Message 18 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

I'm using the same accout. No Error Messages, it just can't connect.

I think the Problem is my Internet Provider. I'm on IPv6 / DSLite. Same Problem in PLEX, no chance to get through.

Message 19 of 36
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello the_Agent,

Is the NAS getting online? Please check if it loads Available apps in the admin page. 

Also, under admin page > Cloud, make sure Use Proxy Settings is not marked. Uncheck Encyrption too when you get to Security.

Regards,

Message 20 of 36
wirelesstechguy
Aspirant

I tried that and worded no problem, I can see folders and files when I loging through the web portal for readycloud.  The app was the only issue and since I changed the password on mynetgear account all is working fine.

I had the same issue for an Android user,  but I was forced to change the password at one point because the user forgot it and it worked right after that.  So not sure if that was related.

but as I said all is working right now.

Message 21 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

Hello,

the NAS is online, I can download apps.

I did the following:

- Proxy Settings are off

- Encryption is off

- I changed my MyNETGEAR Password

- I deleted the iPhone App and reinstalled it

I't still doesn't work. I see my NAS in the iPhone app but can't get a Connection or see any folders.

Greetings

Wolfgang

Message 22 of 36
reicharb
Aspirant

Same problem and tried all the same things.  I didn't have a problem with the old app

Message 23 of 36
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi the_Agent & reicharb,

Does your new SSO (MyNETGEAR / ReadyCLOUD) login is longer than 32 characters? Or was it used by one of the local usernames as its e-mail address?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 24 of 36
the_Agent
Guide

Hello,

my login has 25 characters and is not used as an email for any local unsernames. I have no local usernames besides the admin.

Greetings

Wolfgang

Message 25 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements