Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

move finished project to archive

ivanmalek
Aspirant

move finished project to archive

Hi,

new user here, so I hope my question is not stupid. I'm using my NAS both to back-up my data and keep the HDD of my workstation clean, so I imagined, I would have a "work" folder on my workstation, where all active projects are kept and which would be synchronized with my NAS, and one archive folder, that only exists on my NAS.

Once a project is finished, I'd like to move it from the "work" folder to the "archive" folder, so that it would only exist on my NAS. If I move it from my local HDD, a copy of the project stays in the "work" folder on my NAS, I haven't tried moving the file from the synchronized "work" file on my NAS, but I'd expect to either run into an error, or the file just being copied from my local drive to the "work" folder again.

Is there an easy way to move a folder from a synchronized folder without having to care about copies of it on the NAS?

Thank you in advance,

Ivan

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS 202
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: move finished project to archive

How are you synchronizing the local folder and the NAS work folder?

What ReadyNAS do you have (RN202?), and what firmware is it running?

Message 2 of 4
ivanmalek
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm running firmware version 6.6.0, i synchronized the folder using the ReadyCloud app, by pressing the "backup pc folder" button in the bottom left corner.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@ivanmalek wrote:

Hi,

I'm running firmware version 6.6.0, i synchronized the folder using the ReadyCloud app, by pressing the "backup pc folder" button in the bottom left corner.

thx.  I'll move the thread to the ReadyCloud folder then.  I don't use ReadyCloud myself, hopefully someone else will chime in on your sync question.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements