Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: no access NAS on ReadyCloud after 6.5.0 update

Retired_Member
Not applicable

no access NAS on ReadyCloud after 6.5.0 update

I'm getting the same problem. Have migrated my account however now says ReadyNAS is offline, which it isn't.

Message 1 of 44
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot see ReadyNAS on ReadyCloud

Is your ReadyNAS updated to the production 6.5.0 release?

Message 2 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes just updated this morning when prompted by my nas

Message 3 of 44
PrestonMay
Aspirant

I too have made the upgrade to 6.5 and merged my account and am showing offline.  I also upgraded my readycloud client as it suggested. 

I am afraid to update our Nas at the office at this time due to this, if I do and it goes down It will be a big mess.

Message 4 of 44
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SimonABrown and PrestonMay,

I suppose you both are trying to access the admin page. Can you still get to the shares?

How long have you waited for the update to finish and how's the LEDs?

When you go to readycloud.netgear.com and log in using the upgraded ReadyCloud account, what do you get?

Regards,

Message 5 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When I login I can see the NAS, which I double click on it, it says it is offline, check power and internet connectivity.

I can still access it from the local IP address fine, this only happens fromm readycloud.netgear.com using the upgraded account.

Message 6 of 44
PrestonMay
Aspirant

Same here..  When I login to readycloud.netgear.com it shows connected but no shares.   If I try to connect thru the updated app it shows offline

Message 7 of 44
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SimonABrown and PrestonMay,

Are you both logging in to ReadyCloud using the main ReadyCloud account that you entered in the admin page or an invited user.

I tested this and created a new users too to invite, upgraded both ReadyCloud accounts and both seem to work.

Can you confirm you received the email for the invited user and clicked the "this link" to accept the invite?

Regards,

Message 8 of 44
jdou
Aspirant

I have the same problem here. Once I updated firmware, I cannot access solders through readycloud. Can only do so as an Administrator, so basically I can only access them from home. When I treid to create account link, it didn't recognize password and asked me to chnage it. Once I changed it, then I got an error message!

Message 9 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Logging in using the main MyNetgear/ReadyCloud account.  

Message 10 of 44
vtxrider
Tutor

Well same here; 😖

Updated both mobile and desktop app's

Updated firmware to NAS

Migrated Readycloud to MyNetgear account with binding

Signed in with new account..... NAS Offline on the OSX desktop app

On MyNetgear portal shows shares page but just keeps searching for the NAS

Mobile app works, connects via VPN, so the issue is on Netgear's end

Local Admin page works fine.

So no remote access to my NAS except via the iPhone app, which works fine, but no access via MyNetgear Portal page.

Netgear needs to get this fixed, I realize an upgrade of the complexicity is not without it's glitches but connectivity loss is a

big deal as many people need remote access.

And for those who would ask, the upgrade went fine, no unexpected messages or results.

Message 11 of 44
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jdou and vtxrider,

Upgraded ReadyCloud account should be in an email format when logging in.

Can you remove the main ReadyCloud account from the admin page of the ReadyNAS first then turn it off then on then enter your ReadyCloud acount, it should be in an email format.

Once entered and the ReadyCloud is ON. Log in to readycloud.netgear.com, this should be in an email format too. As for invited users, they also need to upgrade their ReadyCloud account. And re-invite them to access the NAS, they need confirm/accept the invite they will receive via email.

Regards,

Message 12 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Turned off and on readycloud from admin page. Signed in as mynetgear account details (using email) and the same thing happens.

Message 13 of 44
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SimonABrown,

Unregister your account first from the admin page not just turning if off and on. Log out your ReadyCloud account from readycloud.netgear.com, make sure the web browser does not have any tabs that has your account logged in to it. Then turn on the ReadyCloud in the admin page, enter your myNetgear (ReadyCloud upgraded) account, use this same account when you log in to readycloud.netgear.com.

Regards,

Message 14 of 44
vtxrider
Tutor

I finally got it to work, what a PIA it was, I was locked out of the NAS until I rebooterd it and it refused my login for several tries. So my question is, why wasn't this covered in the orignal instructions?? would haved saved one heck of a lot of posting and frustration. My online portal and local is now OK, had to delete the updated iPhone app and re-install to get an email prompt and not username, but now also working. None of this was mentioned in the update instructions, MAJOR fail. Thanks for your help.

Message 15 of 44
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vtxrider,

Thanks for letting us know. I understand the frustration. And I don't know what say, honestly.

Hopefully SimonABrown gets to see what is causing the issue too.

Regards,

Message 16 of 44
Kberna1376
Apprentice

Upgraded to the MyNetgear account with no problem.  Followed the directions to log into the NAS admin page, then the cloud page and leave readycloud, then join MyNetgear.  Soon as I left the readycloud account the server admin page came up asking for username and password.  Nothing worked to get me back in.  I am locked out of the admin page.

Support wants to charge me $75 to fix this!  Not sure why I should pay for something Netgear Broke!

ReadyNAS 104, OS 6.4.0

Message 17 of 44
vtxrider
Tutor

This is the same thing that happened to me. I tried the default log-in thinking that was reset but no luck. I rebooted the NAS, cleared the browser then brought up the admin page again, put in my admin user & password and after a few seconds I was back in. Have no idea what the issue was unless it was a conflict with the stored browser log-in credentials and the NAS. Took me several tries to get back in but now it is working normally.

Message 18 of 44
DannyBlah
Aspirant

Had something similar the other day. Try clearing the browser cache. Then try to login with the user name but leave password blank and enter. That got me in and I added my password.
Message 19 of 44
JohnNulty
Apprentice

Just adding my 5 cents regarding the browser cache clearing.  I was foxed after the upgrade for a while, so I thought I would clear my browser cache to see if that would help, and it worked perfectly.  I now have a fully functioning RN312, with full ReadyCLOUD access.  Mods - it might be worth stressing the browser cache clearing as part of the upgrade instructions, and as a fixed topic on the ReadyCLOUD sub forum.

Message 20 of 44
Kberna1376
Apprentice

So far none of these suggestions has worked.  I am locked out of the admin page of the NAS.  Raidr sees the NAS okay, and I can access folders, but no admin page, and not able to register the NAS with the mynetgear account.

Message 21 of 44
vtxrider
Tutor

Have you tried installing a clean browser and accessing it from there? I was also locked out for an hour or so, and only got back in by clearing the browser cache and re-booting both the computer & NAS. Everything is working now except for VPN connection from my phone, the app sees the NAS and says connected but all of the shares show disconnected, man if it isn't one thing its another.

Message 22 of 44
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I have cleaned the browser cache, rebooted both the NAS and the computer, and still am locked out of the admin page.

Message 23 of 44
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The local admin user is 'admin' (no quotes). If you can't login to the local admin page as that user, you could try resetting the admin password by doing an OS Re-install.

Message 24 of 44
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I know I can do that, but I will have to restore a huge amount of data from backup.  I find it hard to believe Netgear puts out such a buggy product.

Message 25 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements